MySQL Error Occured

Guest drj

• 2 years later...

Richard,

Sorry, not a solution just another person with the same problem. Since upgrading to 3.0.17 we seem to have problems every 2-3 days with the SQL server. Only a reboot of the server gets the shop back online.

So if anyone has an idea, which way to point the hoster as they have clearly identified that we are causing the problem. I have reduced the session timing to 30 minutes (1800) to help.

Anyone got a clue how we can find out what causes the open connections and why they are not releases?

Regards

Peter

• 4 weeks later...
Guest DeFiAnCe

I work at a hosting provider

i can aknowledge this problem, one of our customers is having the same problems,

the shop opens connection after connection.

Process List

Volledige teksten Id User Host db Command Time State Info

stop proces 150 toysfortwo_i602c localhost toysfortwo_i602c Query 450 Sending data SELECT DISTINCT a.productId, a.productCode, a.name...

stop proces 152 toysfortwo_i602c localhost toysfortwo_i602c Query 446 Locked UPDATE cc_CubeCart_inventory SET `popularity`=popu...

stop proces 172 toysfortwo_i602c localhost toysfortwo_i602c Query 390 Locked SELECT productId, image, price, name, sale_price F...

stop proces 260 toysfortwo_i602c localhost toysfortwo_i602c Query 317 Locked SELECT productId, image, price, name, sale_price F...

stop proces 273 toysfortwo_i602c localhost toysfortwo_i602c Query 284 Locked SELECT productId, image, price, name, sale_price F...

stop proces 294 toysfortwo_i602c localhost toysfortwo_i602c Query 247 Locked SELECT prod_metatitle, prod_metadesc, prod_metakey...

stop proces 300 toysfortwo_i602c localhost toysfortwo_i602c Query 224 Locked SELECT prod_metatitle, prod_metadesc, prod_metakey...

stop proces 384 toysfortwo_i602c localhost toysfortwo_i602c Query 55 Locked SELECT prod_metatitle, prod_metadesc, prod_metakey...

stop proces 387 toysfortwo_i602c localhost toysfortwo_i602c Sleep 30 NULL

As you can see the querys get locked.

Therefor it will open connection after connection

If you get a Too many connections error when you try to connect to the MySQL server, this means that all available connections are in use by other clients.

I can think of only 2 plausible reasons.

1. You need to increase your max_connection for MySQL.

Linux or Solaris should be able to support 500-1000 simultaneous connections.

2. Your website was bombarded by search bots/spambots opening up your connections. It does happen periodically and nothing to do with Cubecart.

I don't have any idea how to stop #2. Try to do a Search.

I hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

If you get a Too many connections error when you try to connect to the MySQL server, this means that all available connections are in use by other clients.

I can think of only 2 plausible reasons.

1. You need to increase your max_connection for MySQL.

Linux or Solaris should be able to support 500-1000 simultaneous connections.

2. Your website was bombarded by search bots/spambots opening up your connections. It does happen periodically and nothing to do with Cubecart.

I don't have any idea how to stop #2. Try to do a Search.

I hope this helps.

First of all, thanks for that info.

My hosting business hosts a number of CC stores on various servers and to my knowledge none has ever had this issue.

However, only two days ago, while checking back on the web site of someone who decided to build his own CC store and host it on TuCows ("They are cheaper than you." he said). I had checked only one or two items in his products - and bingo - that "too many connections" error came up over and over again after that.

So I stopped by his retail location and it truns out he's been plagued by that - and few other problems. We have an appointment now to discuss the various cures, including moving to my server and having me finish the customization.

I came here looking for anyone else's experience with this error, suspecting that it is an issue of either how the MySQL is configured - or the capacity of the server.

I'd welcome any more input, especially from someone who has definitely fixed it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I did. They tell me there is no problem with the server.

When I try to access the site I get either

MySQL Error Occured

1040: Too many connections

or

MySQL Error Occured

2005: Unknown MySQL server host 'mysqlxx.xxxx.xxx' (2)

I get the 1040 error message if I go via phpmyadmin too.

This is driving me nuts. I've had a site running for 6 months that worked fine, but it was HTML linked to a standard Paypal cart. I've switched it to CC3 on mySql and I'm getting loads of problems. I'm going to have to switch back to HTML ASAP as the CC3 cart is just not reliable.

Then I'm going to have to look for another host as my current one is about as useful as a chocolate teapot.