HTML Script

Guest degsey69

Guest degsey69

Does anybody have a HTML script for the home page where you can feature products and link the images either to a folder on the server or to the images in cubecart already.

Very similar to New Products but we get to choose which products we want to feature.

Or does somebody out there want to do a mod for it. :blink:

Guest estelle

Okay.... but if I understood degsey correctly (and I'm not sure if I did), he wanted to be able to choose a number of featured products which would be shown in the content section of the homepage, similar to Latest Products, but more easily configurable. I.e. a content section rather than a side box.

Degsey... why don't you just use the Latest Products content section almost exactly as is... but then rename it to Featured Products (ie. in the language file), and for each product you want shown Featured make sure "Include in latest products in homepage?" (in product admin) is set to Yes, and set to No for every other product. And if you have many many products which have "Include in latest products in homepage?" set to Yes, you could use phpMyAdmin to set them to No.

Unless of course you want *both* Latest Products and Featured Products shown in the content section of the homepage?

Still exists a lot of ways and means to realize this, it does not matter box or content area.

..page where you can feature products and link the images either to a folder on the server or to the images in cubecart already

What the best choice is .... use many images folders, or just one. All depends to many conditions and finally to customers desires (yes, i am not sure too) :D

Its late, have to jump to my bed :lol:

Guest degsey69

It would be nice to have a box in admin to add a product to a Featured Products cat in a space above Latest Products.

Renaming the Latest Products would be an easier method and just opt for no for the latest product option on all items, and turn on the amount of products that you want to feature, 6, 9, 12. etc.

That would suffice for now ,but if some one wants to do this as a mod??????????