USPS error (passed USPS testing w/new mod)

Guest vertigocreative

Guest vertigocreative

I am getting the following error after using the new mod to set up my USPS shipping. It is obviously something to do with the zip code. I have tried using different ship methods (parcel post, first class, etc.) and have tried my regular zip code AND my zip+4 and still receive the same type of error. Any help given will be GREATLY aprreciated

Request XML:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<RateV2Request USERID="756VERTI7279" PASSWORD="a"><Package ID="0"><Service>PARCEL</Service><ZipOrigination>79752-0969</ZipOrigination><ZipDestination>79752-0969</ZipDestination><Pounds>4</Pounds><Ounces>0</Ounces><Size>Regular</Size><Machinable>TRUE</Machinable></Package></RateV2Request>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return XML:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<RateV2Response><Package ID="0"><Error><Number>-2147219498</Number><Source>DomesticRatesV2;RateEngineV2.ProcessRequest</Source><Description>Please enter a valid ZIP Code for the sender. </Description><HelpFile></HelpFile><HelpContext>1000440</HelpContext></Error></Package></RateV2Response>

Guest vertigocreative

Okay, I figured this out. On the customer information, if they enter a zip+4 Zip Code it will screw the whole system up. It looks to me like some work should be done to DISABLE someone from being able to enter a ZIP+4 into thier "customer information" upon registering. So there you go. If you are having trouble getting some (or all) shipping modules to work. MAKE SURE a simple 5 digit Zip Code is used by the customer.

By the way... to whom it may concern... the people here as well as the software are AWESOME. Thanks for a great tool!

Guest sunsetchaser

Thanks for the heads up on this! I hadn't even thought to test a ZIP+4.

Here's how I (appear to have) fixed it. In modules/shipping/USPS/calc.php replace

$zip_dest = $basket["delInf"]["postcode"];
  (line 43, I think)

with

$zip_dest = substr($basket["delInf"]["postcode"],0,5);

The customer can enter the +4 or not, all that will be passed through to the USPS is the first five characters they've entered.

Julia

• 5 months later...

Thanks for the heads up on this! I hadn't even thought to test a ZIP+4.

Here's how I (appear to have) fixed it. In modules/shipping/USPS/calc.php replace

$zip_dest = $basket["delInf"]["postcode"];
  (line 43, I think)

with

$zip_dest = substr($basket["delInf"]["postcode"],0,5);

The customer can enter the +4 or not, all that will be passed through to the USPS is the first five characters they've entered.

Julia

Thanks for that little fix Julia!

I'm using CC3.0.10 and that bug is still in there as I just found out from a customer. :(

-Tim