3.0.0 to 3.0.6

hi i have been using cubecart 3.0.0 since last time.. and the problem is customers always get mysql error 1064 that always appear at the end of every checkout. and customers dun get to view their invoice unless they do another login and check their order history.

now that 3.0.6 is full of bugs fixed ( am i right on this? ), i intend to upgrade to 3.0.6. But i am not sure if this is possible. Is it possible to upgrade straight from 3.0.0 to 3.0.6 or do i need to upgrade progressively from 3.0.0 to 3.0.1 to 3.0.2 all e way to 3.0.6?

i am not really good with scripts and all. so i am kinda afraid i will lose my products data and all while upgrading.

any help with be very much appreciated!

One of the modders on the site has created a installation file that will take you from 3.0.0 to 3.0.6... there are still a few bugs in 3.0.6 but it has increased in fetures and security so its well worth the upgrade...

Nope, not Goober's, mine.

The Universal Update Script is available here:

http://www.swscripts.com/downloads/upgrade.zip

BTW, I should probably say that you need to run this script on your site BEFORE you upload all the 3.0.6 files. The install docs with the versions say to run the upgrade scripts last. I'm a bit backwards with mine, but there's a reason. :)

:)

Guest Dealerandy

I currently have CC V3.02 installed and have followed the instructions to upgrade to V3.06 but it is still showing up in my admin as 3.02

Does This imply that it has not worked?

I thought I would try it again but I now get an SQL error saying the files are already installed.

Can anyone tell me what I have done wrong. I also used the link that is above.

Thank you in advance.

Guest Dealerandy

This is the error I get

MySQL Error Occured

1050: Table 'CubeCart_cats_lang' already exists

QUERY = CREATE TABLE `CubeCart_cats_lang` ( `id` int(11) NULL auto_increment, `cat_master_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `cat_lang` varchar(20) NOT NULL default '', `cat_name` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', KEY `id` (`id`) ) TYPE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=1 ;

alrite btw just to make sure.. if i do an upgrade, will all my products data be gone? meaning will my online store's original(3.0.0) design along with the products, description and all still be there? or will be a a totally NEW site meaning i have to start from scratch again? i really need to clarify on this. thanks!

An Upgrade means you keep the data but your store is the new version... so you wouldn't have to start again...

Thats the diffrence between the upgrade and installation, an installation starts from scratch...

BTW sorry Sir William... don't know what made me think it was goobers... Nice Work on the script BTW.. hope you will be maintaining it for v3.1.0 :(

thanks! ill do a backup before running the upgrade! hope it works! oh sorry to ask.. while upgrading the store.. u cant access the store rite.. it will give u all those header line etc etc errors am i right? thats normal too rite?

Warning: main(../includes/ini.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/indiewhi/public_html/try/index.php on line 30

Warning: main(../includes/ini.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/indiewhi/public_html/try/index.php on line 30

Warning: main(): Failed opening '../includes/ini.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/indiewhi/public_html/try/index.php on line 30

Warning: main(../includes/global.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/indiewhi/public_html/try/index.php on line 31

Warning: main(): Failed opening '../includes/global.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/indiewhi/public_html/try/index.php on line 31

Warning: main(../classes/db.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/indiewhi/public_html/try/index.php on line 32

Warning: main(): Failed opening '../classes/db.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/indiewhi/public_html/try/index.php on line 32

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: db in /home/indiewhi/public_html/try/index.php on line 33