Tip for those wanting to edit css

If you're a noob at this css lark ( like me ). I found that if you want to change the text or a particular part of your skin but don't know what it's actually called in your css sheets, simply highlight it using firefox, right click on it & "view selection source". In the code view you can then see which tags control the actual part you've highlighted.

I know this will be obvious to most of you, but i find this a real time saver so thought I'd share it ;)

Great tip, and its one i use myself as i quite frequently forget what i set to what an the classes tend to hide from me when i look :) but i agree, this is a great way of finding it out, and debugging your store...

• 1 year later...
Guest Mohegan

Excellent Thanks.. Great Tip.. Now just gotta figure out the rest.. colors, background , complete css editing.. any more tips are appreciated..

Thanks again..

There are bunches of add-on extensions at FF for web developers. They are nice tools for editing css files as well.

Yep, I use Lola. Just click the icon at the bottom of Firefox and highlight the object and it will tell you the class name of it.

Very helpful when editing the CSS.