How durable is CubeCart...

Guest PB_Nationwide

Guest PB_Nationwide

We want to purchase the software, but would like to know: Can CubeCart handle LARGE volumes of transactions?

Thanks for the help!

PB_Nationwide :D

Guest PB_Nationwide

Ha! Sure, I'll take 200 bottles of Ester-C.

This will be for a major company. Probably around 4,000-10,000 transactions per month. We looked at OS Commerce, but like the simplicity of CubeCart.

The only other thing we need resolved is the UPS Ground shipping issue. It configures the package around $2.50 less than the actual cost shown on the UPS site. Any help on this?

Thanks!

Regarding your UPS query, if you have regsitered with the UPS servers and have done 2 test transactions and notified UPS of your successful transactions, I can see no reason for the descrepency that you describe.

Since CC is database driven, the limitations you might experience would only be the limitation your host might put on database size. Otherwise CC should handle everything you can put in.

Guest Noveltytoyshop

Well I can tell you this much one month of running CC 3.0.6

and its taken 1000 + Orders and we are a Toy Shop....

I would have to say CC is one of the best we swapped through 3 carts

but this is where we are happy CC does what we ask when we want and

as a learner Its easy to set up and run....

Hope this helps :huh:

Regards,

Chris

Novelty Toy Shop

Guest PB_Nationwide

Regarding your UPS query, if you have regsitered with the UPS servers and have done 2 test transactions and notified UPS of your successful transactions, I can see no reason for the descrepency that you describe.

Since CC is database driven, the limitations you might experience would only be the limitation your host might put on database size.  Otherwise CC should handle everything you can put in.

We have not registered with the UPS servers. Did not know we had to do this. We just configured the UPS shipping option in CC. Can you advise where we register with the UPS servers?

Thanks for the help. This should clear up everything so we can get the ball rolling and purchase CC.

Plus, we have noticed how simple it is to edit the cart's look and feel to match our website! Incredible!

PB_Nationwide :huh:

To get this shipping method to work you must first sign up for an account here http://www.uspswebtools.com/registration/. The live server will not work until you have had two specific successful transactions on the test server.

Click Here To Submit USPS Tests [http://www.yourstore address/admin/modules/shipping/UPS/testSubmit.php?module=shipping&folder=UPS]

Once those have been successful, email USPS at [email protected] or call them at 1-800-344-7779 (7:00 AM to 11:00 PM EST daily) and they will activate your account to use the live serve

The above are the instructions included in our UPS shipping module. Without following these instructions it's no wonder you got conflicting results.

I suggest you download a copy of Cube Cart 3.06 and run it concurrent with your current shopping cart without putting it online (in a directory on your server named 'shop' or 'cart' for instance) The cart is free as long as you keep the copyright information in the footer intact. This way you can test its functionality and give it a 'fair' test.

as has been mentioned the main thing to consider is your server, luckily CC is alot less bulk than most cart which saves of bandwidth and serverspace... you SQL database size is a big thing to consider and the server speed (you wont have 10,000 if your server is slow they will leave after 2 pages...)

Other than that CC is your Best Friend... and im sure there are quite a few bigger companies using highly moded versions...

Guest PB_Nationwide

10,000 orders a month isn't that much. It's only one every few minutes. Obviously will need a bit of server grunt, but sounds feasible to me.

Outstanding! The support forums here are incredible! We are defnitely going with CC.

Our server will handle 200 GB transfer a month with 10,000 MB of web space. I believe this will suffice. Do you agree? Is this enough "grunt" to handle to load?

Also, with these specs:

Vendor: Genuine Intel

Name: Intel® Xeon CPU 3.06GHz

Speed: 3066.867 MHz

Cache size: 512 KB

Memory: 2097088k

Thanks again! You folks have been a huge help!

It sounds like you're good to go. I'm assuming Apache Web server as well. As a side bar I would not depend on my host to backup as I have seen too many stores go down because of an incomplete backup by the host. Do your own manual backups weekly or more often if needs be.

If you need any help, there are plenty of savvy folks here ready to lend a hand. Our search function is particularly useful. There are few questions that have not been addressed before.

Our server will handle 200 GB transfer a month with 10,000 MB of web space. I believe this will suffice. Do you agree? Is this enough "grunt" to handle to load?

That should be more tha enough i do about 300 orders a month on my site only been up 3/4 months and my host is no where near yours for speed and space.

Welcome to CubeCart and good luck with your venture.

Guest PB_Nationwide

It sounds like you're good to go. I'm assuming Apache Web server as well. As a side bar I would not depend on my host to backup as I have seen too many stores go down because of an incomplete backup by the host. Do your own manual backups weekly or more often if needs be.

If you need any help, there are plenty of savvy folks here ready to lend a hand. Our search function is particularly useful. There are few questions that have not been addressed before.

Yes. Apache all the way!

Thanks again!

I still can't believe the quick support in here! This is perfect!

PB_Nationwide

Guest PB_Nationwide

That should be more tha enough i do about 300 orders a month on my site only been up 3/4 months and my host is no where near yours for speed and space.

Welcome to CubeCart and good luck with your venture.

Thanks evilhomer! We want to really be completely prepared for the web. We figured this is quite a bit of power, speed, and size. BUT, we will be prepared to take lots of orders without getting bogged down.

Thanks agin for the help!

PB_Nationwide

Guest PB_Nationwide

as has been mentioned the main thing to consider is your server, luckily CC is alot less bulk than most cart which saves of bandwidth and serverspace... you SQL database size is a big thing to consider and the server speed (you wont have 10,000 if your server is slow they will leave after 2 pages...)

Other than that CC is your Best Friend... and im sure there are quite a few bigger companies using highly moded versions...

Hi aikdo,

You mentioned heavily moded versions.

Question: Can you advise what mods are most popular that we may need before we launch the store on the web?

Thanks again!

PB_Nationwide

No im afraid i cant advice as to what you will need on your particular store as it is totily dependant on your site...

when i mentioned hevily moded ones i was refuring to their inhouse webdesigners customising the store to their needs but where the script was originaly CubeCart... (a much cheeper and easier way that creating bestoke)...

I have PM'd however with a few "Personal" Recomendations...

Guest PB_Nationwide

To get this shipping method to work you must first sign up for an account here http://www.uspswebtools.com/registration/. The live server will not work until you have had two specific successful transactions on the test server.

Click Here To Submit USPS Tests [http://www.yourstore address/admin/modules/shipping/UPS/testSubmit.php?module=shipping&folder=UPS]

Once those have been successful, email USPS at [email protected] or call them at 1-800-344-7779 (7:00 AM to 11:00 PM EST daily) and they will activate your account to use the live serve

The above are the instructions included in our UPS shipping module.  Without following these instructions it's no wonder you got conflicting results.

I suggest you download a copy of Cube Cart 3.06 and run it concurrent with your current shopping cart without putting it online (in a directory on your server named 'shop' or 'cart' for instance) The cart is free as long as you keep the copyright information in the footer intact.  This way you can test its functionality and give it a 'fair' test.

Hi roban,

The link you provided leads to the USPS website. We are only using UPS. Do we need to register as you described with UPS as well? If so, where will we do this at?

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest PB_Nationwide

Sorry if this may have sounded like a dumb question. But, is this the case? Or, do I register with USPS to use web tools that work with UPS?

Thanks and sorry if I asked a silly question. I'm new to the online shipping configuration issue.

PB Nationwide

Edited by PB_Nationwide

Hi no i think robin just made a mistake USPS (United States Postal Service) and UPS are diffrent companies im sorry i cant help you on fixing this but you dont need to register with one to work the other...

Guest PB_Nationwide

Thanks aikdo! Can someone advise then how the UPS shipping function works? It has to be connecting to a module somewhere that figures the shipping correctly for UPS.

Can someone assist me with this issue? We will only use UPS, but need the shipping to calculate properly of course.

Thanks folks!

PB Nationwide

Guest bikeman

Well I can tell you this much one month of running CC 3.0.6

and its taken 1000 + Orders and we are a Toy Shop....

How do you deal with clearing out old orders from your cc database with this sort of volume?