3.05 > 3.06 upgrade instruction clarification need

jerseyjoe

I'm too literal-minded and asumption-adverse for most computer instructions.

I have a lot of problems with assumptions because, in software instructions and in relationships and in damn near everything else, they cause major problems.

Therefore, docs that work for smarter, more open-minded people too often are gibberish to me.

I know it may be hard to believe, but I really don't know what to do with the upgrade instruction that says, "Execute upgrade.php in the root folder etc...."

So I have uplaoded all the store files except includes/global.php, install, language (per those instructions). Do I also upload the specific file upgrade.php found in the 3.0.6 folder? And exactly where do I put it? The instructions don't say and I'm one of those people whose mind says, "if the instructions don't say to do that, don't assume."

I genuinely need to be told exactly what intermediate steps might be involved.

By "execute" does it mean I then open:

www.store.com/upgrade/scripts/3.0.5-3.0.6/upgrade.php

in my browser?

Can someone dumb down these instructions for me by filling in the assumptions, please?

TIA

And now the comedy begins . . .

I just uploaded the folders (with the noted exceptions) and I haven't even gotten to the alleged instructions regarding upgrade.php

Take a look at the consquences.

http://www.vikolya.com/

My client is going to be unhappy. I can only hope that my server has a backup.

Can someone please tell me how to remove that huge black hole without having to reinstall 3.0.5 from a backup?

I urgentlky must upgrade because the "can't ship to your country" issue is really upsetting my clinet. She losing Christmas orders and I'll lose the client.

TIA

Chapter 3 of the ongoing saga . . .

So I did a total restore from backup. However I am now totally intimidated about upgrading this site from 3.0.5 > 3.0.6. But I must.

Is there anyone who knows what he's doing and is willing to do the upgrade. I'll pay.

PM me... i have done enough upgrades to fill a room :D

aikdo,

Im just about to change my hosting, and i want to move on my cc store, but latter i want to upgrade from 3.0.4 to 3.0.6 im not so shure to do this, can you help.? ;)

Kind Regards.

If you don't have mods, I'd suggest just installing 3.0.6 on the new host, run my Universal Upgrade Utility on the old store, then export/import the data from your current store onto the new host. :D

No sense having to FTP 3.0.4 just to turn around and FTP up 3.0.6. :D

....but what do I know. ;)

EDIT: Sorry, changed the order I put stuff in. Should run the Upgrade BEFORE you export/import unless you use Brooky's upgrade.php files. If you want to use his, export the 3.0.4 then import into 3.0.6 on the new host. Then run the upgrade.php from both the 3.0.5 AND 3.0.6 download packages as they are NOT inclusive of each other.

Edited by Sir William

Hi there yes i can :D...

move first then upgrade :)... if your intrested contact me via PM..

If you don't have mods, I'd suggest just installing 3.0.6 on the new host, run my Universal Upgrade Utility on the old store, then export/import the data from your current store onto the new host. :D

No sense having to FTP 3.0.4 just to turn around and FTP up 3.0.6. :D

....but what do I know. */*

EDIT: Sorry, changed the order I put stuff in. Should run the Upgrade BEFORE you export/import unless you use Brooky's upgrade.php files. If you want to use his, export the 3.0.4 then import into 3.0.6 on the new host. Then run the upgrade.php from both the 3.0.5 AND 3.0.6 download packages as they are NOT inclusive of each other.

Thanks aikdo & Sir William

I will get my new host on january 1st and will proceed to upgrade.

my feeling in with first move on 3.0.4 and then upgrade was that something could go wrong (very commun) and my store will go ofline.

Sir will... i do have some mods, but they are 99% your patches (paypal, email order form, etc) i asume that thesse are included in new releases of cc?? :huh:

one minor mod that i did was to exclude some info on the print order form that i do not use.

will i have any problems with this??

As i said before im very awere of taking down my store & getting my self into an cyber apocalipsys :D