index.php

Guest digilution

Guest digilution

Not sure how to fix my problem :)

my website www.digilution.co.uk shows my files not site!!

if www.digilution.co.uk/index.php is used my site is found.

also my access to admin cant be accessed

how can I sort this problem out so www.digilution.co.uk works :dizzy:

Edited by digilution

its seems your server doesn't have index.php as a list of the available index files...

if your running on an apatch server simply add

Directory Index index.php
to your .htaccess file... Edited by aikdo

Guest digilution

its seems your server doesn't have index.php as a list of the available index files...

if your running on an apatch server simply add

Directory Index index.php
to your .htaccess file...

All sorted Thanks :)

Guest digilution

Glad it worked for you...

Back to square one!!!

I raised a ticket with my host now and they replied after I requested them to sort it for me cause I was not 100% sure how to do it:

Hello Stephen,

Usually the doccument root is set under public_html and if index.php is placed inside this page , your site will be working. But if you insist to have it inside the folder /web, we have to change the document root to this folder and make this as one of your subdomain. Please let us know what you want to do

what should I tell them?

Glad it worked for you...

Back to square one!!!

I raised a ticket with my host now and they replied after I requested them to sort it for me cause I was not 100% sure how to do it:

Hello Stephen,

Usually the doccument root is set under public_html and if index.php is placed inside this page , your site will be working. But if you insist to have it inside the folder /web, we have to change the document root to this folder and make this as one of your subdomain. Please let us know what you want to do

what should I tell them?

Er...

Why don't you do it the way they have it set up? Just move all your files to public_html. You are copying them to www.digilution.co.uk/web (NOT www.digilution.co.uk) now.

Your other option is to leave your files where they are and tell them to change your document root to the web folder. Dunno why you would do that, though. They're offering to do it for you if you insist, but there's no reason to as far as I can see.

Guest sunshine

Do you have a Frontpage index.html in there? Html takes precedence over .php. Delete the index.html and the server will move on to find the index.php. :)