IIS 6 Installation

Guest Strictly4

Guest Strictly4

I am running 2003 Server (IIS6). I have uploaded all the files to the correct folder on the server. I then connect with FileZilla and navigate to the general, logos and upload folders. I then change the permissions to 777 but it does not seem to change them. Is there another way to do this or am I doing something wrong?

I have tried changing the file permissions from the server by adding the everyone account to the folders and granting it Full Control but this does not work either. I get the message Y

You are not authorized to view this page

You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.

I am not sure how else I can get to change the permissions.

Please help.

Guest Strictly4

I have seen this question answered before. Please try the search on windows server.

Hope this helps ;)

I have found something similar but it it not go into too much detail.

Guest hennaboy

Windows does not use the unix permissions of 777 and so on. Setting files to 777 in your ftp client will do nothing for the permissions on the files.

Also adding everyone will full control means that you have an open server.

You should also check what settings you have for the Internet Guest Account.

Guest Strictly4

Windows does not use the unix permissions of 777 and so on. Setting files to 777 in your ftp client will do nothing for the permissions on the files.

Also adding everyone will full control means that you have an open server.

You should also check what settings you have for the Internet Guest Account.

If windows will not allow setting to 777, how do I set the correct permissions on the files?

I have since taken the "Everyone" account off.

What settings should the Internet Guest Account have? I have left at default.

Guest estelle

There is no need to mess with file permissions with a windows server.

Where are you getting these error messages:

You are not authorized to view this page

You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.

Guest Strictly4

I get the error at the first part of Stage 3 of the instructions.

If I remove all the files and add just an index page I can get to my site by typing in web address but once all files have been loaded I get the error message.

I have installed PHP on the server. Have I overlooked something with this? Do I have to do something more than just run the install (php). Possible as I have never used it before. As you say I do not have to change permissions I am wondering if this is where the problem is.

Guest estelle

Then again, it probably wouldn't have anything to do with that anyway since you got past the first couple of installation steps okay.

I'm not sure whats going on, but i'm sure someone else around here will figure it out :D

Estelle.

Guest toys4mobiles.com

When installing PHP on an IIS server you need to make sure the security settings for the file php.exe (PHP4) is set so the Internet Guest Account (IUSR_computer name) can have read, read&execute and possibly write access.

The folder containing your web site must have read and read&execute access. Some files also require write access for installation (change this back after installing cubecart).

Hope that helps...

Guest Strictly4

Thanks for this info. I will have a go at that tomorrow and report back. I am also re-installing PHP as I am not convinced the auto installation worked and will be doing a manual install.

Guest Strictly4

Still not working.

I have re-installed PHP (manual).

Uploaded files.

Given IUSER, read & execute, write access to C:\PHP

Given IUSER, read & execute, write access to website folder.

When I browse to the website I get this error:

The page cannot be found

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable

I have index.php in the Documents tab of website properties.

Has anyone got this to work in IIS6 or am I just wasting my time?

I am at a total loss as to what else I can do to get this working.

Guest Strictly4

After much messing around I have almost made it!!

I can now get to the License Agreement page and then onto the other pages until after I put all the database info and admin logon details. I click "Continue to step 4" and the next page does not load. The browser says done but nothing is shown.

the path the browser is trying to open is http://www.mywebsite.co.uk/install/index.php?step=4&l=en (not real domain name so don't click it)

Does anyone know what I should next/

Guest toys4mobiles.com

Has the file global.inc.php got read/write/execute access.... (in includes folder)

The only reason i say this is on IIS 5.1 (Win XP Pro) I got stuck on installation, all the same problems etc. and this was the only file I didn't check!

Remeber to change the security setting back to read/write access if your hosting on the web...

Guest Strictly4

I have checked permissions on the website folder and IUSR has write & execute permissions on all files and folders. I guess this is the user you are saying that should have permissions.

I have tried to access the website using just the domain name rather than the link it was trying to go to and it came back with a message about deleting the install directory which I have now done. However, it will not load anything now.

I have tried mydomain/admin and mydomain/admin/index.php as well but still nothing.

Guest xtremex

The way to install CC3 on a machine running Windows 2003 Server is as follows, if you can't get it to work I will be glad to do it for you for a minimal cost of $20 USD:

1. Download CC3 in .zip format

2. Extract to htdocs directory or wherever you plan to install

3. Go to /includes/global.inc.php and set permissions on that file to IUSR_machinename for full access

4. Run CC3 installation script

5. After complete change permissions back and delete install directory

6. You will have a working CC3 installation

Guest Strictly4

The way to install CC3 on a machine running Windows 2003 Server is as follows, if you can't get it to work I will be glad to do it for you for a minimal cost of $20 USD:

1. Download CC3 in .zip format

2. Extract to htdocs directory or wherever you plan to install

3. Go to /includes/global.inc.php and set permissions on that file to IUSR_machinename for full access

4. Run CC3 installation script

5. After complete change permissions back and delete install directory

6. You will have a working CC3 installation

I have done the installation as above about 5 times today and still the same problem. During initial configuration I do not get to the next screen after I enter all the db names etc. Why do I not get the screen which shows the path to the shop and admin? I have given IUSR full control on the whole website folder and all files during the config but it still has not made any difference.

I have spent all week on this and can now see the finishing line but just cannot make that final step. Please help.

xtremex, thanks for the offer of charging me to do it but what more can you do that I have not done already?

At what point would it start creating tables in the database? If it is at this point it has not done anything to the database.

Guest xtremex

I can make sure it works. How about this email me details to logon to your pc if its windows i can do a remote desktop connection and fix it for you. Then if your are satisfied with the results you can pay, if not no fee. PM me

Guest Strictly4

Many thanks for all the help on this problem but after one and a half weeks trying to get this running on a windows system I have decided to try something else. I am now using Comersus which I managed to get up and running within 30 mins.

I am sure that Cubecart is fantastic on linux but time is money!!!

Once again many thanks for the help along the way.

Many thanks for all the help on this problem but after one and a half weeks trying to get this running on a windows system I have decided to try something else. I am now using Comersus which I managed to get up and running within 30 mins.

I am sure that Cubecart is fantastic on linux but time is money!!!

Once again many thanks for the help along the way.

wow i run on xp pro with iis, apache and php 5.1.1 and all run without problems :dizzy:

Guest toys4mobiles.com

Unfortunately setting up a Windows server is complicated compared to apache... (we have microsoft to thank for that).

It took me a while to install Cubecart on Win XP, whereas it installed first time on apache!

Also, with the various bugs in IIS (5.1) different servers can behave in different ways!

Not sure if IIS 6.0 has had all the bugs ironed out?!

Guest hennaboy

Took me about as fast as you can get through the installation scripts LOL

If you have your windows server setup before hand properly with permissions and users set for PHP, MYSQL and so on then there will be no problem.

Clearly looks like the server and permissions was not set correctly in this case. I would be 100% confident on that. Blame it on the software..... nothing wrong with the server setup at all eh!

It is often a common error that you install and then set permissions afterwards. Thats true for Unix based enviroments but not so with windows. You must put the time in first to get everything configured and set and then you install.