controlling font within box titles

jerseyjoe

Please see:

http://www.keepsakeribbonstore.com/store/index.php and note that the box titles are hard to read.

I want to make the box titles (Shop by Category, etc.) bold and I want to experiment with them aligned to the bottom or the center (meaning between top and bottom) so it shows up stronger against the background.

I've experimented with various editing of the Legend layout.css - .boxTitleLeft, .boxTitleRight { - but so far, nothing I've tried does what I want.

Is this controlled somewhere else - or do I simply need better code?

TIA

"font-weight: bold;"

change "padding-top: 1px;"

The first suggestion works fine. Thanks.

But I'd already tried the second one - and in fact redid it to show you how it acts. The grahic starts to repeat. Hmm - is there perhaps a "no repeat" line of code I could put in there?

Again thanks for the help.

Tricky, those little title bars, aren't they?

I know this is not what you're asking, but here ya go:

If this site will only have the one skin, no switching to other skins, here is a neat trick: Use images instead of text in the language file. You could make a banner image with the text flowing along with the banner and use it in place of the text in language file. One banner says shop by category, another says Sale Items, etc. Hell, you could make each banner a diferent color. Then in each tpl file, categories.tpl for example, the language call that's already there will produce the banner graphic with the words on it.

Drawbacks: You're stuck with one skin, and you have to edit this into the language file each time you upgrade if you replace that file. IOW, you lose alot of the flexibility inherent in CC in exchange for some cool look you may grow weary of, then you'd have to change it all back.

Just food for thought <_<

You're welcome, Joe. I developed a skin a few weeks back that used that solution, because I wanted a fancy font in the title bars that matched the theme. But, I scrapped it and never offered the skin for sale. I hated having to change core files at test site for making a fancy skin, cuz I switch skins as those sites so often. But for some of the coolest effects I can do, I need to make minor changes to a couple of core files, so it's a catch-22.

Then again, my off-the-shelf skins are so inexpensive, I hate selling them with mods attached where the customer changes core files. Customer service would then eat my lunch at the prices I charge for skins. ;)