Want to add $2 to all shipping costs for UPS

Lets say the products costs $5.75 to ship via UPS. I want Cubecart to automatically add $2.00 to that amount, so the buyer see the shipping cost as $7.75. How can I do this?

Thanks.

It seems as if no one on this forum wants to help anyone out. I really like CubeCart, and I have my wallet open ready to buy. However, if I can't get a little bit of support then there's no point in buying this software. Not trying to come off as an ass, just really want to get my site going and I don't think it's that hard for someone to tell me how to add $2 handling fee for all UPS orders.

I've read other threads, and it seems only those who want to give advice want to charge for it. CubeCart has a lot of potential; just a few things are holding it back.

Guest EverythingWeb

Hello,

I am sorry that you feel disgruntled from the lack of reply, however the only thing I can hold in CubeCart's defence is that you posted your initial request around 6 hours ago, which in UK terms is just getting towards to the close of business here. Different time zones are often a contributing factor to the amount of people on and around the forums.

When you look around the forums, you will see that there are a huge amount of regular visitors, and new-users alike who have experience with CubeCart and are more than willing to offer their advice and expertise without any reciprical benefit, other than that of knowing they have helped someone. A lot of the long-standing members and high-contributors have been here a long while, and at one stage may have needed to ask how to accomplish the most simplest of tasks, hence their willing to help out wherever possible.

I would say, that if you hang in there, you should get a response in the near future, however you may have to wait for someone who has direct, involved experience with the USPS module, seeing as this is the part of the system to which your question relates.

Now I have never used USPS myself, so unfortunately I am not able to help you, however you have correctly posted in Shipping/Postage support, so I would hope that sometime soon, someone will see your post and help you out.

It is also sometimes possible that a regular 'user' of CubeCart would not know how to accomplish this extra, as its not an option built-in to the system, and it requires a coder/modder to do some tweaking to the PHP code to make it work.

I am really glad to hear that you like CubeCart. It is an exceptional piece of software, and the community here, really is one of the best online communities that I am part of. The Moderating team is great, and keep the borads in good order, and there are many many people willing to help out.

I do hope that your question gets answered, and we see you pop-up in the 'Customers' group in and around the boards!

Take Care,

William

Guest estelle

If I could help you, I would have :ninja:

Give it some more time for people to respond, and if you still don't receive any help it is probably because few people have had experience with the UPS Shipping module, or because its not possible to add a handling fee. In which case, you can always try posting in the Request A Mod forum and someone may be able to write the code changes for you.

Good luck! <_<

Im sure someone has done this but instead of addinf $2 they rounded it up to the nearest $ and then added a $ so that if the shipping cost was $3.56 then it would output $5.00...

Ok i havent tested this but it should work as you cant acctualy set it in the admin area but you can code it in...

OPEN -- modules/shipping/UPS/calc.php

FIND

$sum = $quote;

REPLACE WITH

$sum = $quote+2;

The +2 being the amount you want to increase it by <_<

hope this helps...

Guest tbladecki

A better seach effort would also have given you the answer as this topic has been kicked around a few times.

Try seaching "Handling Charge", or "additional shipping"

Guest global777

Im sure someone has done this but instead of addinf $2 they rounded it up to the nearest $ and then added a $ so that if the shipping cost was $3.56 then it would output $5.00...

Ok i havent tested this but it should work as you cant acctualy set it in the admin area but you can code it in...

OPEN -- modules/shipping/UPS/calc.php

FIND

$sum = $quote;

REPLACE WITH

$sum = $quote+2;

The +2 being the amount you want to increase it by ;)

hope this helps...

Yep! It works and works perfectly. You can add any amount to your UPS quotes to allow for the price discrepancy and/or to add a handling fee.

Thanks aikdo!!