Need help

Guest Captpaul

Guest Captpaul

I have a minor problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Here is the link to the store:

http://www.saltwaterexperience.com/onlinestore/index.php

I have some Items in my store that do NOT require shipping costs or tax (fishing charters) and I have tangable items that require to charge shipping and tax. My probelm is is if you add one of each item to the basket, the shipping drop down box has 2 options.. one for the shipping of the tangable item and one space that is blank. Its a probelm because the customer can actually get away with not paying the shipping cost for the tangable item (eg shirts, hats, clothing) I dont want anything to show up AT ALL for the tax exempt items.

Anyone know how I can fix this?

In the shipping config, I have UPS enabled and Per Category enabled for the Fishing Charters which are tax exempt.

Shoot, I just noticed that even if you take out the fishing charter, it still shows the 2 drop downs. Now Im really stumped.

Thanks

Paul

screenshot9kp.th.jpg

Guest tbladecki

i ahve you tried to use the per item shipping instead of the cat?? I think that it is pulling the differnt shipping of each cat and not totaling them but rather letting select one or the other.

Also make sure that you do not have multiple shipppign options set up in the admin as I have found this causes some conflicts

Guest Captpaul

Per item shipping will not work in my case. Im sorta stumped because I dont know what the heck to do now. The one category that doesnt not get charged tax or shipping shouldnt even show up.

I appreciate your response. Any other ideas?! After all the work Ive done and all the fixes Ive made to this point something like this is gonna ruin the whole thing.. lol.

Basically, I need for 2 items not to be charged shipping or tax, sounds pretty simple. There has got to be an easy fix somewhere.

Per item shipping will not work in my case. Im sorta stumped because I dont know what the heck to do now. The one category that doesnt not get charged tax or shipping shouldnt even show up.

I appreciate your response. Any other ideas?! After all the work Ive done and all the fixes Ive made to this point something like this is gonna ruin the whole thing.. lol.

Basically, I need for 2 items not to be charged shipping or tax, sounds pretty simple. There has got to be an easy fix somewhere.

Hi,

I have a "Shipping Per Item" mod will work for you. With this mod you assign shipping cost to individual items. So the shipping is calculated only for those items that have shipping costs assisgned.

http://www.alexgoldberg.com/cubemods/index...rod&productId=2

Thanks

/Goober

Thanks Goober.. I bet that 15 bucks is well worth all my darn aggrevation!!! Is it easy to install??

Super easy to install. Just two files to update no more then 5 minutes.

Thanks

/Goober

Hey Goober, is that the only payment you accept? Just paypal?

Yes, just PayPal. Sorry :rolly: