installation problem. cannot advance to step 5

Guest derick

Hello,

I am on a mac and using godaddy hosting and fetch

When installing cubecart, I cannot advance to step 5.

The error messages are "the config file could not be written"

and "please ensure the file permission are set correctly to continue."

(see the attached images)

picture1.jpg

picture2.jpg

For the installation, I am using the install manual .pdf

i have changed the permission of the global.inc.php file and

uploaded it to no success.

as well as tried setting permissions in fetch.. getting this error message.

picture4.jpg

i have also tried using the cubecart Update Config tool with no liuck

picture5.jpg

can anyone help me???????????

thanks

Derick

try using the manual setup method on this site ;) sometimes its just easier to do it that way than to try work out why the server wont let you write :)

Aikdo,

thanks for the reply.

Is there info on this site on how to do it manually?

thanks,

derick

I am also stuck in the same place. I am installing Cubecart on a friend of mines website and he uses Godaddy.com for the host. I tried installing it the manual way but now all I get is a blank index.php

I discovered that Godaddy uses Windows for its server so here lies the problem. I can't seem to change the permissions of the file. I am using Filezilla but when I type in the numeric value for the file attribute it does nothing, it stays at 000.

Does anyone know a work around to get past step 4? I have spent the past 3 hours trying to figure it out. I just installed Cubcart on a different host yesterday that uses a Unix based server and had no problems at all.

Also, when I install it the manual way like I said the index.php is blank but the Admin page works just fine. Also I have checked to make sure that index.tpl file is there and it is.

Guest sgleaton

In Windows products you can right-click on the folder, select properties and there should be 6 checkboxes at the bottom. In order to get 777, you have to make sure all boxes are checked.

I ran into this myself. Also, you can download Coffee Cup FTP for free and use it to change your folders properties.

:P

Hello,

Any luck changing the permissions with the godaddy hosting?

I have four dif't hosting accounts, it seems that they switched from UNIX to Windows fairly recently.

:rolly::lol::w00t:

I am also stuck in the same place. I am installing Cubecart on a friend of mines website and he uses Godaddy.com for the host. I tried installing it the manual way but now all I get is a blank index.php

I discovered that Godaddy uses Windows for its server so here lies the problem. I can't seem to change the permissions of the file. I am using Filezilla but when I type in the numeric value for the file attribute it does nothing, it stays at 000.

Does anyone know a work around to get past step 4? I have spent the past 3 hours trying to figure it out. I just installed Cubcart on a different host yesterday that uses a Unix based server and had no problems at all.

This is quite a regular occurence when we install Cubecart.

I use WS_FTP pro and find when i get to step 4 i have to close down my ftp program and restart before it will let me change the file permissions.

Once changed it will go onto the next step with no problems.

Guest icesurf3r

I'm having the same problem, as my server is windows based.

But on checking the numerical value of the includes/global.inc.php file it is reading correctly as 777. Anyone any ideas on how to get round this?? I'm starting to pull my hair out and i'm afraid i dont have much left..

Hello,

Any luck changing the permissions with the godaddy hosting?

I have four dif't hosting accounts, it seems that they switched from UNIX to Windows fairly recently.

:cry::D:wacko:

I just uninstalled it and gave up. I spent countless hours trying to figure it out and decided it was time to move on.

Guest gwizard

I too had issues when installing on Windows server at home.

It complained about permissions so I've just typed step=5 and bypassed it. :blink:

BTW, Some FTP servers don't allow changing perms through ftp client.

• 3 weeks later...

I too had issues when installing on Windows server at home.

It complained about permissions so I've just typed step=5 and bypassed it. :D

BTW, Some FTP servers don't allow changing perms through ftp client.

I have managed to change the permissions, and this is acknowledged in the installation steps, but still says that the config file could not be written. :D

This forum is so helpful.

I originally posted this, I solved the problem by switching from Windows to UNIX.

GoDaddy allows you to do this for all of it's hosting plans any time.

in your account go to manage hosting, click on the hosting account you would like to change,

"Hosting account details" box will be to the right click on "switch operating system" and

switch your operating system. The switch takes up to 48 hours.

I'm not sure if UNIX hosting is necessary for Windows users, but I am a Mac user and

I could not change the permissions at all until I switched to UNIX hosting.

I highly recommend GoDaddy for their reasonable rates and Great support.

Even though they try to sell you all of their many services.

thanks for all the help.

Derick