How to back-up the entire website running in Cubecart alone?

Hi,

I'd like to know on how I can back-up the entire website running in CubeCart alone.

Without using the back-up facility of my hosting company (e.g. like the backup thing on cpanel).

What I want is a manual procedure using my FTP but without loosing any single file including the database.

Thank's

Guest degsey69

Hi,

I'd like to know on how I can back-up the entire website running in CubeCart alone.

Without using the back-up facility of my hosting company (e.g. like the backup thing on cpanel).

What I want is a manual procedure using my FTP but without loosing any single file including the database.

Thank's

Any ftp program will download your website files for backup, if your ISP has a good control panel it can be done through there as well.

The sql databse can be backed up through phpmyadmin, idealy through a good control panel on your websites server or from any number of applications from your desktop. The problem is that many ISP's have security measures in place that makes downloading and uploading sql files from your desktop dificult and you have to jump through a few hoops to do it. Its much easier through your Cpanel. :D

Hi Degsey,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I tried one time to use the Cpanel backup program and it create a (.tar.gz) extension name and this is zipped file (i think).

My question is this.

If I download this compressed file using ftp, does it mean that I backup the entire website including the databases and other components of the website (e.g. images, scripts etc.)?

Thanks again in advance. :D

Hi,

Thank's

Hi,

My cpanel allows full backup of all my sites/specific sites (web pages etc only)/and mysql databases.

Obviously, you could ftp the site back down - but this will only give you the store and not the database.

To backup the database manually, you'll need to run "phpmyadmin" which is a nice frontend to the mySQL database system.

Inside "phpmyadmin", you'll see a drop down which allows you to select the database (mine is called _ccrt1)

You'll then see an export tab appear on the main window - click this, then click "select all", leave SQL ticked.

Now, tick "zipped" or "gzipped" to compress the data (databases will compress very well).

Now, click the GO button.

You should get a file download box appear, save this somewhere safe, as its your CC database.

If it all goes very wrong, you will be able to import it back into the server using "phpmyadmin".

See the attachment for more info.

I hope this helps,

Jason

Guest degsey69

Hi Degsey,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I tried one time to use the Cpanel backup program and it create a (.tar.gz) extension name and this is zipped file (i think).

My question is this.

If I download this compressed file using ftp, does it mean that I backup the entire website including the databases and other components of the website (e.g. images, scripts etc.)?

Thanks again in advance. :D

There is no need to bring the website file down in a zip format, just ftp all the files including the image folder (for faster loading these should be preferably in a gif file format, less time and less time to download)

The sql download would be seperate through phpmyadmin. :)