Whats wrong with my admin page?

I just installed cubecart to my server on my new web address. I believe all went well and deleted the install folder. I go to my web page and see the cubecart store with the test item fine. When I click on the test item I get an error. When I go to my site via www.mysite.com/admin I get a page showing index of /admin. Did I do something wrong? How do I fix this? I am a bit confused, I really thought I did everything right. Thanks in advance for your help.

oops, its 3.0.7 thanks

Guest groovejuice

The problem is likely with your index.php file in your admin folder. It either is not recognized properly, inadvertantly deleted, or possibly a permissions problem ( I believe 644 is correct) Also, elsewhere in the forums, some comments have made about certain webhosts making the admin folder inaccessible due to a security issue (but then the contents should not be visible either, I think)

By the way, you want to install 3.07 pl1 not 3.07

I checked the file it is at 644. I also checked to see what I have installed. I do not have the pl1 installed. I just downloaded it. I'll let ya know what happens. Thanks!

I am doing a complete install of this new version, I do not know what I am supposed to do with the database hostname, can I just type localhost there? any help would be appreciated. thanks!

the tricycle site is old and we dont actually even use it anymore, the site I am refering to is new....

www.8-track-shack.com

I am playing with it, I just cant figure it out.

ill tell you whats wrong in half a click...

Basicaly what you see when you go to http://www.8-track-shack.com/admin/ is NOTHING to do with Cubecart you host has installed a Alias folder on your server under the name of admin, you could try and ask them if that is possible to change for just your shared area but the answer will probably be a big fat NO of your host...

you only real option is to install the Admin rename mod that i created so that you can rename the admin directory to what ever you want and go to it that way...

Just to put your mind at ease you did do everything right your host just has an unusual setup ;)...

there seems to be some sort of alias setup im not sure through plesk to be honest never used it...

Basicaly my knowlege stops with Apachee as a web server though i have used many diffrent bundled versions...

if you have root access to the Apache Config files that is if the server is using apache then i can help otherwise im afraid not...

this is the info at the bottom of the www.8-track-shack.com/admin page "Apache/2.0.46 (Red Hat) Server at www.8-track-shack.com Port 8" but I have no clue how to get to the root files, plesk is all I know on it. I do have front page ext installed, could this have installed these admin files?

No the only way that that folder could have been added is through the Apache Config files which unless you are on a dedicated or VPS server you wouldn't have access to Plesk CANT alter these files...

As i stated you can either contact your host and get them to alter this Or you can install the Admin Re-name mod...

Anyone know how to get a copy of the mod? I talked with ev1 the admin folder is a part of plesk and cannot be changed. I have tried uploading the files several times, with two different programs, no change. I just cant get it to work. I have used the 2.0 software on anther server running cpanel without incident. I see others have installed to ev1 servers without incident, what am I doing wrong?

Guest timecrisis

Hi Tricycle,

Just as a word of general advice.

I would not mention your real site adress on here.

Esecially since you are installing just now.

I realise you maybe keen to mention your site to anyone you can but security wise not the best move!