How do I change the time and date stamp?

Guest shawn123

Guest shawn123

Does anyone know how to change the time and date settings?

My customers order invoices are stamped with the wrong time and date 7 hours ahead of my actual time here in West Texas. I went to >General Settings >Time and Date in the Admin panel and can't seem to get any results. No matter what I do the time is off-set by 7 hours.

-Thanks in advance

the time will default to your servers time, however in the admin general settings you can tell it how much to offset the time by...

You need to do this in seconds and place a + Or - before the amound depending if your adding to or removing from the server time...

Guest shawn123

Is it minutes or seconds?

Okay it was seconds. For 7 days ahead of my time I entered -25200 and it changed to the correct time, but now the time is in 24-hour clock. What code symbol do I use to adjust that? I will try %I....?

Thanks!

-25200 and %I got it woking.

• 2 months later...
Guest Brivtech

I couldn't get this to work at first go, so had to dig a little deeper, and got a result. To explain this function in a bit more detail, here's another example:

For a server in Arzona, shop in UK, the shop is located 8 hours ahead of the server. Firstly, calculate the number of seconds that amounts to:

Let H = number of hours (8 in our example)

M = H * 60 (Hours * 60) ... = 480

Result = M * 60 (times calculated minutes (M) by another 60 for seconds) ... = 28800

Or to put it in a less complicated, but more confusing way: Number of hours * 3600!

So now you need to enter in +28800 (YOU MUST include the + sign otherwise it won't work), and you'll see Local London time displayed correctly.

> If the server is East of the shop, use -

> If the server is West of the shop, use +

Tried and tested! :unsure:

• 5 months later...

This post is a bit out of date, but I have a problem that it doesn't solve.

I'm exactly 9 hours ahead of my server. So, easy I put in an offset of -32400 which works perfectly for the time ... but the day doesn't correct itself, it's still 1 day behind reality.

time offset --- need a day offset too!

appreciate any help

thanks,