LinkPoint Connect Country Code Error

Guest realliquidation

Guest realliquidation

Anyone know how to fix this bug? LinkPoint says CubeCart is passing along an invalid country code which confuses the cart and makes checking out difficult for users. This results in lost sales. CubeCart has numeric codes for the contry identifier but LinkPoint requires an alpha numeric code such as US.

Does anyone have a solution or recommendation?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Guest squarewheels

I've encountered several problems with the LinkPoint interface. Most are fixed now. The problem with invalid country code was corrected by inserting a DB query to retrieve the two character ISO country code from table CubeCart_iso_countries.

Other problems I've encountered:

• Cubecart V3.0.5 could correctly interpret ResponseFailURL replies. 3.0.9 could not interpret ResponseFailURL correctly.
  • AVS fields (address number and Zip code) were not being passed to Linkpoint.

Unresolved isues:

1. Invalid State codes are being passed to Linkpoint.
  2. Intermittantly the CubeCart response URL does not get plugged into Linkpoint's "Continue" button. This prevents the buyer from completing the purchase after successfuly paying for the product.

• 2 months later...

Hey There!

Curious if you solved any of the issues? I'm setting up a cart with LinkPoint and I'm running into similar problems, main one being the Invalid Country Code. Would love any advice you can share!

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
Guest igner

Hey There!

Curious if you solved any of the issues? I'm setting up a cart with LinkPoint and I'm running into similar problems, main one being the Invalid Country Code. Would love any advice you can share!

Thanks!

I know this is an old thread, but figure the solution can be recorded here for posterity:

change line 108 of modules/gateway/LinkPoint/transfer.inc.php from:

<input type='hidden' name='bcountry' value='".countryName($ccUserData[0]['country'])."' />

to

<input type='hidden' name='bcountry' value='".countryISO($ccUserData[0]['country'])."' />

And you should be all set. Easier and cleaner than the alternative, which is to hardcode a country code.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Nostnevets

You rock... So hard. That has been making me crazy. Thanks!

Maybe you know about this one:

Now that I'm getting thru LinkPoint w/o users having to input missing country data I still get an error message when they are sent back to my page: confirm.php. Even tho the order is complete (with confirm emails going out and money hitting the bank)

Here is the error:

"Error: No payment gateway variable is set!

I changed that text to read "Thank you for your order!" cus I just can't figure out what is going wrong and that is the only work around I can think of considering the transaction was good. However...

Any ideas?

• 4 months later...
Guest James Walsh

Well, here's my problem. Line 108 does not exist. It appears to be blank on my form. Can anyone tell me what other line it could be in? I could post the entire code of the page if someone could actually cure this error. I want to start accepting payments through my gateway as soon as possible. Thanks.

Have been able to "hard code" the US country code (using another topic in this forum), but I really need to accept international orders.

Any ideas how to get the ISO two letter code to work on the file? I've tried the above suggestion and cannot get anything (other than hard coding the US) to work.

THank you!

• 3 months later...
Guest thomaswhiteeagle

Hey There!

Thanks!

I know this is an old thread, but figure the solution can be recorded here for posterity:

<input type='hidden' name='bcountry' value='".countryName($ccUserData[0]['country'])."' />

to

<input type='hidden' name='bcountry' value='".countryISO($ccUserData[0]['country'])."' />

And you should be all set. Easier and cleaner than the alternative, which is to hardcode a country code.

This fix sorta works. It does get rid of the annoying no country error when you transfer to the linkpoint gateway. What it does is then provide a dropdown box whereby the customer must now enter their country/state. But it also puts a blank space before their name which must be removed. Anyone have any ideas on how to have cc actually pass valid country/state information to the gateway and/or also how to strip the blank space from before the name? Any help would be much appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest thomaswhiteeagle

Hey There!

Thanks!

to

This fix sorta works. It does get rid of the annoying no country error when you transfer to the linkpoint gateway. What it does is then provide a dropdown box whereby the customer must now enter their country/state. But it also puts a blank space before their name which must be removed. Anyone have any ideas on how to have cc actually pass valid country/state information to the gateway and/or also how to strip the blank space from before the name? Any help would be much appreciated!

I figured with all the great coders here someone would'a had an answer to this poser. No one can tell us how to strip out the leading character in the name that is passed to linkpoint? And to also have it properly pass the country/state to the gateway?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest thomaswhiteeagle

Hey There!

Thanks!

to

Guest thomaswhiteeagle

Ok I figured out how to make this ting work on my own. You have to have "payplus" set as the mode in the transfer.inc.php file for linkpoint.

However it still passes an invalid character being a blank space is added before the customers name.

I'll still pay someone a few bucks if you can help me fixt that issue should be an easy fix but the normal code for stripping a character doesnt seem to work.