How does a newb ugrade from 3.0.7-pl1 to 3.0.8 ?

Guest lcools

Hi,

I've just set-up my cart and added products (for the 4th time) and it's working (except for mail) and I'm wondering how to best upgrade without messing anything up?

I can't use winmerge (on mac). Should I fresh install or can I just upload or alter a few files?

Thank!

Leila

Guest Demolition49

It is becoming quite annoying with the frequent updates of cubecart, and what is even more annoying is that on the download list it does not correctly state which version of cubecart is actually the most stable!!!

Can somone please confirm this is the most stable version.

3.0.8 is the most STABLE version as it is the newest version and that is how the system works here as a big release and fix is released a new version is also released if there where no updates i can almost garantee that you would be more up in arms that the software can be hacked am i wrong???

Guest Demolition49

Of course... its just quite annoying having to re do everything frequently.... and then not state what one is actually the best, It might seem obvious but u know... 3.0.7 was not the most stable 3.0.6 was .... confusing huh why release an update that isnt as good... well anyway im sure the forums have heard enough of 3.0.7

3.0.7 was a rush build to fix a problem in the script but it then caused more problems that was the only time such has ever happened and will be the only time it should happen again...

There are in answer to the original question instruction on updating the script it takes a moment or two to acctualy understand the layout but it shouldn't cause you trouble once you understand that...

You can get the changelog http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....ype=post&id=424

though i would like people to know that the changelog in the download package of 3.0.8 and hopefully we will see such changelogs throughout each update...

that file was aimed at the original thread writer as they where requesting a way to update a modded site without the ability to use a program like winmerge as they are mac users...

If you yourself are in the same situation and wish to upgrade a modded store from v3.0.7pl1 - 3.0.8 then that would be the corect file...

however if your store is not modded or your host uses something like fantastico to update you store then they will already know what to do...

Guest hairfreax

I am praying that this is the last upgrade for a few months...ubt seem as though my site mapping picked up a search for cube cart ver 5.....its suspicious....and people 'love' to hack...wonder what they do for fun?

Guest kickass

I love this cart, and I love the community. HOWEVER > > >

[RANT]

The support board would not be so busy and the good people who give their time to help others would not be so overloaded if the actual CHANGED FILES were put in the upgrade package instead of expecting all of us to make line by line code changes-- with EVERY needed edit representing a prime opportunity to screw it up.

[/RANT]

Thank you for your attention.

though i would like people to know that the changelog in the download package of 3.0.8 and hopefully we will see such changelogs throughout each update...

@kickass you will see in my own quote above as i stated the change files are now included in the upgrade files and hopefully further methods will become available as this cart developes a few projects are in their baby steps at present...

Guest digilution

3.0.7 was a rush build to fix a problem in the script but it then caused more problems that was the only time such has ever happened and will be the only time it should happen again...

There are in answer to the original question instruction on updating the script it takes a moment or two to acctualy understand the layout but it shouldn't cause you trouble once you understand that...

You can get the changelog http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....ype=post&id=424

Can I use the changelog to upgrade to 0.8 from 0.6 ?

Can I use the changelog to upgrade to 0.8 from 0.6 ?

I don't think iI would try that. I would bet my shirt that the changes were made from 3.0.7 p1