Which shopping cart software is easiest to use ? either oscommerce, Ze

Guest cdkeys4sale.com

Guest cdkeys4sale.com

Hi, Thanks for looking at my thread =)

I'm about to make my site (www.cdkeys4sale.com) using a shopping cart software so I can intergrate payflow pro into it.

Which of these shopping carts is easiest for me (the only experiance I have with web developing is making a html site using dreamweaver) to make a site with and intergrate payflow pro into ?

Either: oscommerce, zen cart, or cube cart ?

It has to be one of those as they are the shopping cart software that my webhosting (bluehost) will automatically install on for me.

Any advice is much appreciated !

Regards...

Mike

Guest tbladecki

Well.... I agree with Roban, CC is the most user friendly and you will not get better support from the fourms!!!

As far as being able to install it automatically, CC is very simple to install and there are a lot of great pepole here that know the software and have the ability to lend a helping hand.

As far as design, I personally dont use dreamwever or any of the other ones, but I do know that a few pepole here do.

PHP is fairly easy to learn if you are so inclinded, otherwise there are pepole that can help you in this area as well. As far as the template and css style of CC you can not beat it (IMO)

If you need anything else let us know :P

Guest reeko357

I've used osCommerce in the past. Great store. But it can be a bit frustrating.

There were paypal problems and digital download security problems.

The support forum wasn't all that great either.

The switch to CC was great. User friendly. Easy to install. Very reliable.

I also edit with dreamweaver. If you're good with dreamweaver and have a reasonable knowlege of CSS,

you should have no problem with CC.

Here are a couple of simple stores I've installed for friends(2 of 5)

I just upgraded and have to retweak the text but you'll get the idea.

http://www.jamonproductions.com/carboncube/

http://www.basketinabag.com/binab/index.php

I gave Zen the once over...at the time it didn't appear to have the functionality that I needed.

I think Cube cart is awesome...just so I don't sound like a brainwashed CC fan,

I was extremely upset with the recent security exploit. But to their credit, they jumped on it right away and got the fixes out in a hurry.

To summarize, I think CubeCart is an excellent choice.

Good Luck

Guest gwizard

Well, here it goes.

I've had ZenCart store for 2 years now live and well.

Yes, it is more complicated to mod for, but it is very easy to install and configure.

True, there is not much functionality present to answer my needs.

Zen support forum is very good, has nice people that are willing to help. Nobody constantly nagging you to buy a license. :w00t:

With osCommerce I had worked for many years as well, installing it for friends and customers.

It is nice if you like a big elephant sitting on your neck playing cards. Cause that's how I felt with osC.

Please mind that both Zen and osC are open source and you are not required to buy lics or anything of that matter.

After deciding that Zen has outlived it's usefulness, I decided to find something better. I tried XCart, XTCommerce and many more, but then I've found CC.

And boy, that system is a piece of art.

Very easy on modding, skinning, installing and configuring.

On the down side, it has somewhat small userbase and some of the people are in it only for the profit from mods and skins. Which is OK, but it is a concept change from OS systems.

Bottom line: If want easily customized store then stick with CC. If you want more widely recognized system (ie, thousands of mods for free) go with osC. If you want in the middle go with Zen.

Well im cubecart thru and thru

I tried the rest and well basically didnt like them. To big, no support

Cubecart rocks and V3 is taking over the world of ecommerce shopping carts.

Guest reeko357

Reeko357, you need to check your "basketinabag" store as the right column has slipped down the page :on2long: . Im looking at it in IE6 with 800x600. Just a heads up :D

I've used osCommerce in the past. Great store. But it can be a bit frustrating.

There were paypal problems and digital download security problems.

The support forum wasn't all that great either.

The switch to CC was great. User friendly. Easy to install. Very reliable.

I also edit with dreamweaver. If you're good with dreamweaver and have a reasonable knowlege of CSS,

you should have no problem with CC.

Here are a couple of simple stores I've installed for friends(2 of 5)

I just upgraded and have to retweak the text but you'll get the idea.

http://www.jamonproductions.com/carboncube/

http://www.basketinabag.com/binab/index.php

I gave Zen the once over...at the time it didn't appear to have the functionality that I needed.

I think Cube cart is awesome...just so I don't sound like a brainwashed CC fan,

I was extremely upset with the recent security exploit. But to their credit, they jumped on it right away and got the fixes out in a hurry.

To summarize, I think CubeCart is an excellent choice.

Good Luck

Thanks ansuk,

I think the site owner has been messing around where she doesn't need to be, again. lol

I've seen this before. It only happens in IE.

Thanks again :cat:

Yes, CC is heads and shoulders above the alternatives.

As for using Fantastico to install CC - or any other software, that's fine for testing and playing arou8nd while you dceide which cart(or forum, or blog, etc.) you want. I own a hosting comapny. I tell my clients I will not provide advice or support for any software installed by Fantastico. Not because Fantastico is defective. It's not. But the Fantastico version is almost always one or more versions out of date. In the case of CC, that means you will miss mission-critical updates and bug fixes.

Regarding the tools to edit the files - Dreamweaver is too much of a monster for me - not to mention the cost.

For editing PHP and CSS, try free PHPdesigner (http://www.mpsoftware.dk/). PHPd does allow for opening PHP and CSS files directly from the server and saving to the server - but I prefer to edit on the desktop in PHPd.

I edit in that,

use Alt-Tab to flip to another window where I have WS_FTP open to the local folder,

F5 to refresh,

drag the file over to the open server.

Alt-Tab again to see the results in the browser.

Then Alt-Tab back to PHPdesiner for more edits.

Sounds complicated but really is not once you program your fingers.