USPS invalid zip code

I am upgraded to cubecart 3.0.8, I installed the new USPS shipping module AND the 2nd update as well (for the testing server)...

The test ran fine, so I had them switch me to production... now when I go to check out, I get this:

Request XML:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<RateV2Request USERID="xxxxxx" PASSWORD="1"><Package ID="0"><Service>EXPRESS</Service><ZipOrigination>48888</ZipOrigination><ZipDestination>48832</ZipDestination><Pounds>0</Pounds><Ounces>4</Ounces><Container>Flat Rate Envelope</Container><Size>Regular</Size></Package></RateV2Request>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return XML:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<Error><Number>-2147219490</Number><Source>Rate_Respond;SolServerRatesTest.RateV2_Respond</Source><Description>Invalid value for origin ZIP Code.</Description><HelpFile></HelpFile><HelpContext>1000440</HelpContext></Error>

--Any idea what is wrong?!?

You can click the "Server Info" link near the bottom of your store. That will run the phpinfo(); command and display it in an iframe. It's a bit tough to read cause the frame is too small, but it will tell you what you want to know in the top block(s).

:w00t:

I'm glad you got at least a little more help from USPS than I did....I was basically flat out told they're all good on their side, if I've got a problem, go to the software support.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Michael Birk

The testing server (http://testing.shippingapis.com/ShippingAPITest.dll) only responds to a few, fixed test cases. These test cases are outlined in the API documentation on the USPS WebTools site:

<RateV2Request USERID="xxxxxx">

<Package ID="0">

<Service>PRIORITY</Service>

<ZipOrigination>10022</ZipOrigination>

<ZipDestination>20008</ZipDestination>

<Pounds>10</Pounds>

<Ounces>5</Ounces>

<Container>Flat Rate Box</Container>

<Size>REGULAR</Size>

</Package>

</RateV2Request>

<RateV2Request USERID="xxxxxx">

<Package ID="0">

<Service>All</Service>

<ZipOrigination>10022</ZipOrigination>

<ZipDestination>20008</ZipDestination>

<Pounds>10</Pounds>

<Ounces>5</Ounces>

<Size>LARGE</Size>

<Machinable>TRUE</Machinable>

</Package>

</RateV2Request>

While you could try to make sure that your test transaction, initiated via your shopping cart, has exactly these parameters, it is probably easier to simply connect to the production server instead. It will accept all valid zip codes! To gain access, you have to call a 1-800 number (check your email from usps.com), but it is very quick and easy.

;) Hope this helps!

Michael Birk, the USPS module has a built-in hard-coded test which sends precisely what the USPS test server wants to see. It was the only way that made sense. Plus according to the USPS, you must successfully pass the tests before you're allowed to use the production servers.

;)

Guest Michael Birk

Michael Birk, the USPS module has a built-in hard-coded test which sends precisely what the USPS test server wants to see. It was the only way that made sense. Plus according to the USPS, you must successfully pass the tests before you're allowed to use the production servers.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I am not a CubeCart user. I was installing another shopping cart (which doesn't have such a "test" feature -- they state that users should connect to the production server right away, which I ignored) when I ran into the similar error messages. Eventually I figured it out, so I was just trying to help out. I should have read the original post more carefully, however, as I see now that he explicitly states that he switched to the production server already. But, based on his error message, if I had to guess, I would guess that he is still accessing the testing server.

Sorry if I just added to the confusion.

mcb

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I am not a CubeCart user. I was installing another shopping cart (which doesn't have such a "test" feature -- they state that users should connect to the production server right away, which I ignored) when I ran into the similar error messages. Eventually I figured it out, so I was just trying to help out. I should have read the original post more carefully, however, as I see now that he explicitly states that he switched to the production server already. But, based on his error message, if I had to guess, I would guess that he is still accessing the testing server.

Sorry if I just added to the confusion.

mcb

<Source>Rate_Respond;SolServerRatesTest.RateV2_Respond</Source>

After reading the replies to the original question, the bolded text from the reported response appears to coincide with the USPS support question and the posted replies: the server named SolServerRatesTest appears to have been used (as opposed to, say, a server named ProdServerRates).