Upgrading from 3.0.5 to 3.0.8 - what order must I do it in?

Hi

I need to change from 3.0.5 to 3.0.8. I don't want to upgrade my existing shop because I think it'll be too much work and confusing (I have lots of mods installed and changes made). Rather, I've created a new hosting account on my reseller server and am going to do a new install.

What I want to know is should I do this and will it work:

Should I...

1) Export my exisiting site's database from PHPMyAdmin

2) Upload the new version 3.0.8 files to the new hosting account

3) Run the setup and create the site

4) Import the old site's database into the new site's db

5) Upload all the product images into the images folder

6) Re-include all the mods and changes I made

Is that ALL I need to do or do I need to run a DB upgrade on the database in the new site after I've imported the old one?

Thanks to anyone who can advise me,

Brendon

you got it all right including

do I need to run a DB upgrade on the database in the new site after I've imported the old one?
the answer being yes you will need to run the 3.0.5-3.0.6 upgrade script there is no DB upgrades between 3.0.6 and 3.0.8 so you only need to run the one...

OK great - thanks Aikdo - hope it all goes ok 'cos I just so need to get this job completed. :on2long:

Cheers

you got it all right including
do I need to run a DB upgrade on the database in the new site after I've imported the old one?
the answer being yes you will need to run the 3.0.5-3.0.6 upgrade script there is no DB upgrades between 3.0.6 and 3.0.8 so you only need to run the one...

OK, I will do so if I need help.

One final query - How do I import the old backed up DB into the new site in PHPMyAdmin, what do I do?

if you need a hand just call me or evil hommer as we both do an install/upgrade service...

go to phpMyAdmin, view the database your importing it into then click the SQL tab it will allow you to upload your old SQL database...

if it starts saything that the table already exsists then i would advise you to simply delete all the exsisting databases and then import the file again in the same way...

Thanks Aikdo - done that and it worked fine.

The DB I just uploaded has had lots of modifications done to it. So, when I do run the upgrade script from 3.0.5 to 3.0.6, will this not affect any changes that the made in the database structure?

go to phpMyAdmin, view the database your importing it into then click the SQL tab it will allow you to upload your old SQL database...

if it starts saything that the table already exsists then i would advise you to simply delete all the exsisting databases and then import the file again in the same way...

it will tell you what it is changing before doing so just make sure that the table it is altering doesn't have any prior modifications... it shouldn't do however if i remember correctly its only one change...

Guest toppair

Aikdo

How much do you charge for an upgrade. I have tried with other versions with no luck and am worries, now that I have a site up and orders are in the database along with alot of products that I will loose something. Last time I was unable to upload the backed up database.

Where do I find this "view the Database" in phpMyAdmin?????? I don't have any DB options in my admin......

Not trying to seem dense, but.....

Klaus Cook

Houston, Texas

Guest xpmobile.com

Where do I find this "view the Database" in phpMyAdmin?????? I don't have any DB options in my admin......

Not trying to seem dense, but.....

Klaus Cook

Houston, Texas

Assuming you are using CPanel, you need to click on MySQL Databases, then scroll down to the bottom of the page until the see a small link saying phpMyAdmin and click on that.