Google Page rank

Has anyone running version 3 managed to get any sort of Google pagerank using Cube Cart ?

Ive seen stores with many indexed pages, yet no page rank.

Is there any reason why Google might not like Cube Cart ?

Guest gwizard

PageRank depends on whether other sites link to your site.

That's not all, but that's a start.

It has little to do with SEO and more with advertising.

I have PR4 on one site and PR3. You have to work for PR using backlinks, relevent keywords, page content and other standard SEO practices. It also takes from 3 to 6 months to get indexed and new PR rupdates are put out every few months. The next update is in mid-February.

Guest gwizard

So, it's not just backlinks ?

Interesting.

Tell me this, if I am #1 in Google for my chosen keyword, but I have PR0 - what can I do to make PR higher ?

How long has your site been online? Time is a factor here. It can take months to get a decent page rank or for that matter, any PR at all. Google is so far behind on their updates. In any case, why all the fuss about PR? If you rank #1 in SERPS for your keyword, then people are finding your site. PR is only a measure of importance based on certain key factors: backlinks (relevant backlinks to and from pages that are relevant to your own), page content (how well your text reflects your keywords and site description and title), anchor text and a few other factors. (you can learn more at my SEO site www.roban.net) Don't focus on PR because you'll lose momentum on other key visibility factors that drive people to your site. Write some press releases and get them published. There are a number of sites that will do this for free. Write some articles on your products and get them published as well. These things are much more important than PR.