email client after purchase

Guest ehmdjii

Guest gwizard

It is working automaticly.

Customer will get confirm email after order.

Go to www.natalie-shop.com/CC3 and make an order.

If you have entered valid email, you will get confirmation.

Can you tell on wich version are you working on???

i Have 3.0.7 pl1 and no mail is sent to customers, also i use a lot print order form and guess what.. no mail either....

im thinking on upgrading to 3.0.8 are this options avalilable on this version??

Kind regards

Guest pr1ngle

hello, is it possible to have an email confirmation sent to the client after a successful purchase was made from the store?

thanks!

Same here,

I am running the latest version and only the cart admin gets the email which confirms the order.

Any help????

Guest gwizard

email to customers doesn't being sent when you use print_order_form.

If you need it to work such, there is a mod for this somewhere.

Try www.cubecart.org

All other gateways, except print_order send email.

Guest gwizard

thanks for the info!

why exactly is there no email sent when using the postal order form gateway?

Becouse print_order_form intented for the customer as an invoice to print.

Perhaps Brooky though it would we overkill for the customer both print it's order summery and get it by email.

Anyway, it's dead simple to change it and you can d/l the mod mentioned above.

Goodluck. B)

Guest thegoblin

Just though I would point out some details.

There is an 'admin email fix' by Sirwilliam. I cant remember the exact details of this fix, BUT it is included in ver ver3.0.6 and above. Thats why evilhomer suggests you upgrade. If bugs are found, they are fixed and from that ver onwards they are no longer an issue. Not upgrading only serves to cause you problems you shouldnt be having as they have been solved months ago.

As far as customer emails go, CC is designed to send the customer an email informing that an order has been placed and paid for and that the store is processing it. This happens automaticly when the status is changed from pending to proccessing.

If your payment gatewat is config correctly, the status is changed automaticly upon payment confirmation from the gateway and hence an email is sent.

However, the postal order form does not deal with payment at all, it simply generates a copy of the order. In this case the store admin would, upon payment, manually change the status from pending to proccessing, at which time the email is sent.

It has been suggested that it would be nice to be able to email this copy order to the customer so they have a record. Since cc emails confirmation of payment, sending an email prior to payment is not possible using the current system.

I belive Estelle has taken the time and trouble to write a mod to enable this to happen, but it is just that, a mod. CC was never intended to send an email confirmation to an order that has a status of pending.

So, in conclusion, not sending an email within postal order form is NOT a bug, NOT a sign of something not working and NOT a problem. If you want to send the email, use Estelles great (free) mod, I do and it works great. search for it on cubecart.org.

Hope this helps !

Tony

Any idea why admin would not get a confirmation of an order? Or why the customer does not get an email when the order status is changed (and the box is checked)?

I'm using 3.0.8

Thanks,

Leila

Any idea why admin would not get a confirmation of an order? Or why the customer does not get an email when the order status is changed (and the box is checked)?

I'm using 3.0.8

Thanks,

Leila

do you have the email setup in the admin panel?

Once, it took 18 hours for my host to send a test purchase to my AOL account, it was rough!

yes I do, but thank you

I'm not getting the email that normally comes after the order is placed....and the customer is not getting the status change emails

yes I do, but thank you

I'm not getting the email that normally comes after the order is placed....and the customer is not getting the status change emails

ok lets emilinate some things.

Is this a fresh install of 3.0.8 or an upgrade?

Have you even been able to get emails?

In your lang.php file is all the email stuff loacted in there? It should have a couple sections for email layouts in it.

It's a fresh Install of 3.0.8

The order confirmations were working until this afternoon..after I edited the lang.inc.php file...but I got rid of the edited file and uploaded an untouched lang.inc.php file. I do see the 'template' for the order confirmation added in 3.0.6, if that's what you mean-it should be the default settings-which were working earlier.

Leila