How do you handle international shipping?

Guest FugitiveToys

Guest FugitiveToys

Currently we only offer shipping inside the USA but would like to offer international shipping. Right now we're only using UPS for shipping and they are way to expensive for international. So who should I use? And how would I set it up?

Guest FugitiveToys

Anybody? This is an issue that, if it doesn't get solved, will ultimately mean we don't use purchase a license for CubeCart and ultimately switch to a different cart software.

Anybody? This is an issue that, if it doesn't get solved, will ultimately mean we don't use purchase a license for CubeCart and ultimately switch to a different cart software.

Hi,

There are many shipping options- by weight/price/per item etc.

If you wanted to send an item to me in the UK, you would need to know the overseas price/kg (or lb) which your carrier can provide.

I suggest using shipping by weight, add a small fee for the actual shipping and name it "International Shipping". The "Ship by weight" plug-in allows different rates for different countries and zones.

I hope this is of some help,

Jason

I agree that the 'shipping by weight' is the most flexible and good for international and domestic shipping because you can set up different zones for each country, but I ran into a little hitch yesterday while trying to set it up.

-the shipping name remains the same for the 2 shipping methods for all zones

-you cannot set up more than one zone per country

so it's 1st class and 2nd class (or the two names you choose), but they must reflect the shipping for all zones

I need Airmail and Expedited and Express for US

Expedited and Express for Canada

Airmail for International

and it's not possble to set that up

in a way that will make sense to the customer

• 1 month later...
Guest mashurst

coming in late for this one, but I use USPS for everything. i know there is a knock on usps for a lot of reasons, but I have to say I have had a good experience so far with them. you can't beat the price. you can get to most places in Europe and Canada for less than around 5 to 10 dollars for the first pound with delivery around 7 days. you can set up the usps module to automatically give the rates, but I can't figure out how to set it up to only give some rates. Right now, mine gives every possible rate for an international customer instead of just the two that I use, global priority mail, or airmail letter post. Working on that.