shipping charges by state

Guest moda1

I deleted some of the states like Hawai from US states list but it is still letting people order from Hawai HI with domestic rate. It does not matter which shipment optin I use. I tried with flat rate still let the states that I erased to be calculated as domestic.

Anybody know how to handle this? I like to exclude some states like Hawaii etc where postage charges diffrent from the US list and get it working.

• 5 months later...

Guest Angelfire

I deleted some of the states like Hawai from US states list but it is still letting people order from Hawai HI with domestic rate. It does not matter which shipment optin I use. I tried with flat rate still let the states that I erased to be calculated as domestic.

Anybody know how to handle this? I like to exclude some states like Hawaii etc where postage charges diffrent from the US list and get it working.

I had exactly the same problem.

I'm using a third party module that does "shipping by postal code", it also calculates by subtotal and offers two shipping options which can be named anything you want, and enabled/disabled at will. You can find it in the cubecart.org forums in the commercial mods section.

I do offer shipping to those states but at a different rate, so I setup my default zones to charge the extended rate with the second option, but you could disable the default so those zones that you don't ship to don't show up.

Hope this helps,

-Michele