syntax for installing??

jerseyjoe

By now you think I would know. I am stuck at installation Step 3 trying to install new cart. So far, each installation has been a hit and miss, trial and error, stumbling my way through all the vaious combinations of words in the form. This time I still am getting the rejection. I don't know why this step should be so difficult??? The next vers of CC must provide more explicit instructions at Step 3.

If someone more knowledgeable than me (that leaves only 99% of you) would write syntax for step 3, I will ask that it be pinned.

Here's what I have created in cPanel's MySQL controls

database name: thebase (which the MySQL panel converts to "mydomain_thebase")

user: cartuser (which is converted to "mydomain_cartuser")

so in Step Three form -

Database Hostname: localhost

Database Name: using the above database name - what *exactly* goes here. Is it "mydomain_thebase" or simply "thebase"

Database Username: what *exactly* - using the above database name - goes here. Is it "mydomain_cartuser" or "cartuser"

Or something else that is not obvious to me.

TIA

Guest gwizard

Never worked with cPanel.

I would guess if phpMyAdmin says it's domain_thebase then you should write it exactly as it is.

Have you tried both ?

Maybe your mySQL is NOT on localhost ?

Ask your provider, they have all the answers.

Never worked with cPanel.

I would guess if phpMyAdmin says it's domain_thebase then you should write it exactly as it is.

Have you tried both ?

Maybe your mySQL is NOT on localhost ?

Ask your provider, they have all the answers.

First of, the embarassing thing is, I *am* the hosting provider. Yes, it is localhost.

The problem is (to try and explain it in different words, hoping that someone with insight will see where I'm going wrong) that if I have a web site whose account name is "john" and use the MySQL tool in cPanel to create a database named "smithdb" it is then converted to "john_smithdb".

Then, using the same tool I add a user named "smithuser", it is converted automatically to "john_smithuser"

Step 3 has a field "Database Name" In that fiield I put "john_smithdb"

The next field Database user gets "john_smithuser" (no quotes in any of these, of course.)

But the CC INstall does not like that - despite the fact the the on-screen examples seem to say exactly that.

Yes, I know that for the Username field it might be asking for "smithdb_smithuser". The on-screen example is horribly ambiguous on this point. But I've tried that too. Nope.

All variations I can think of return the same rejection error. That's why I am asking someone who knows what I'm rtlaking about to spell ot the exact words for each field.

Guest thegoblin

Hi, I am no expert but :

Looks like you are on the right track, my database is called ccrt, but prefixed with site user name, so is called myname_ccrt. This is confirmed in cpanel's mySql database tool. the same is for the user name.

So, I can only think that 1) you are not entering the right info (simple check) or 2) maybe your path is not correct somewhere.

Can you post the exact error you are getting, may help work out whats wrong.