SEO mod problem

All was well, i was enjoying working on my new cubecart install, i had setup a few test categorys, added some very very basic mods and started editing the look of the store when i discovered the SEO mod.

This looked like a good idea.....but now my store is broken and i'm a little peeeed off. Its effectively a clean install as none of the mods i have done affect the changed SEO files, so i did as it said and simply dropped them in, expecting it to work, but i get:-

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Your administrator may not have enabled CGI access for this directory

How do i fix this - what is causing it?

My cart lurks @ www.rathernice.co.uk/cubecart

Please help ;)

Yes it is ;)

You must have checked when i was disabling the new htaccess file- it appears to be this that is blocking it all as when renamed it doesnt do it.

I get a server error from the log file

/home/.sites/28/site1/web/cubecart/.htaccess: ForceType not allowed here

The server is a cobalt raq 550 for anyone that can help!!

Guest rukiman

please read the README.TXT that comes with the mod and try out the instructions. There are many server settings and I'm certain one of them will work for you.

If your server can't handle the ForceType keyword, delete that from the .htaccess and try the RewriteRule configuration. If your server can't handle .htaccess files at all then use the PHP page generated option.

I did read the readme - but it says you may get some errors if tis wrong once you enable the system...mines not enabled, i've only just installed the files and the first thing i get is that!!

I'll try out some of the other options if i can even get into the admin section to enable the seo mod!

Guest rukiman

first thing you have to work out is exactly what line it is in your htacces file that your server doesnt like. Remove that line then try configuring the SEO mod in the admin panel

Guest EaglePilot

I am having issues with mine as well. The option that works best is 'lookback only', but when I go to add to cart, I get error 404. I have tried everything the readme file says, and still no luck. I am trying to use the php feature of the seo mod, but I am unclear about one part of the instructions. The part of the instructions that says:

Select PHP generated pages from the server configuration dropdown box and click on 'update settings' button.

I don't see that anywhere. I am sure it is obvious, but I can't find it. I have CC 3.0.8 and SEO mod 5.1. Any ideas with the first problem, and/or with the second one.

Thanks,

Greg

Guest rukiman

you choose PHP generated pages from the same dropdown box where you select rewriterule, apache lookback etc.

p.s what is your cubecart URL? Are you using a mod to redirect to the cart after adding a product to the basket?

Guest EaglePilot

you choose PHP generated pages from the same dropdown box where you select rewriterule, apache lookback etc.

p.s what is your cubecart URL? Are you using a mod to redirect to the cart after adding a product to the basket?

www.enginerunup.com which then forwards to: www.store.enginerunup.com

I feel like a retard (not that there's anything wrong with that) about the dropdown box, duh! The SEO mod works just fine now using the php generated pages. I think the problem before might be a 1and1 problem, since there is another guy with the same problem who also uses them. His thread can be seen by Clicking Here.

Is there an advantage/disadvantage to using apache rewrite, lookback, or php generated pages?

Thanks,

Greg