Well I'm totally lost here

Guest icana

Hi

I have just installed CC after moving from both ZenCart and OS which in reality are easy to install, but this one has me beat, it seems to load fine but when you go to the shop and add a product to the basket it comes up with a 404 error syaing that /docs/index.php cannot be found.

I have checked the global.inc file and there is no reference to the /docs/ folder in any of the adresses listed there. By the way there is a docs folder which contain the licence.htm file.

Can anyone out there help on this one please

Many thanks

Leslie

You have a path problem. Can you post the contents of your includes/global.inc file. Also the url of your store. Thanks.

Hi

Here is the content of the global.inc file obviously I have **** out the user name and password the site is current loaded at www.mic.devisland.net

<?php

$glob['dbdatabase'] = 'db_mic';

$glob['dbhost'] = '127.0.0.1';

$glob['dbpassword'] = '******';

$glob['dbprefix'] = '';

$glob['dbusername'] = '******';

$glob['installed'] = '1';

$glob['rootDir'] = '/home/mic/htdocs/';

$glob['rootRel'] = '/';

$glob['storeURL'] = 'http://www.mic.devisland.net';

?>

Thanks for your help

Regards

Leslie

/home/mic/htdocs/';

Try without the trailing slash. Is the directory really htdocs? Just check to make sure.

Hi

Thanks for that but it did nt work - in fact I have tried every combination possible but it still is trying to go to the imaginary docs file??? is it possible there is a script error when it is refreshing the cart?? I am totally at a loss with this one.

Also just went to the admin and that is not working at all - all the functions are faded out and when you click is say you do not have permission to use this function???

Anyway just treid a fresh install and the mystery docs/ is showing in the install fields - even if I change it to a / and continue with the install is does not alter anything.

Well it looks like its back to zencart - glad I tried the free version of this first.

Thanks again for your help

Thanks for all the help - the problems were not user or code but hosting, I have moved it to the S****.Net hosting service and it works fine - without any problems what so ever and straight from the first install.

Perhaps it may be a wise for the read me file to carry a Hosting warning because there are some really sub standard hosting services out there - would save a lot of you support time.

Or perhaps a list of know hosts where the script would without problems - could be an extension to this forum.

Many thanks again for the help I shall now go off and play

Best wishes

Leslie