Product Descriptions

Guest ssppaarree

Guest ssppaarree

Hello,

I am trying to make a pop-up which lists several items (images and descriptions). I have tried and failed to get the descriptions to appear. All I get are parse errors. I am using {TXT_PRODCODE} and {TXT_DESCRIPTION}.

I would appreciate it if someone could tell me how to get the description and product code from the db.

======================

CC 3.03

What are you naming this pop-up?

CubeCart uses template files (.tpl) - to get info from db, you need to have an includes file (myPopUp.inc.php for example) which should be included and assigned in index.php - and myPopUp.inc.php needs to call that info from the database and assign those codes TXT_PRODCODE and TXT_DESCRIPTION to the page you're using in the popup. IOW, you can't use those variables just anywhere; they were assigned to the template that you found tem in (probably in viewProd.tpl, right?) by its corresponding php file (as in viewProd.inc.php)

Guest ssppaarree

The name of the popup is "ppopup"-- not very creative but easy.

I found the correct 'index.php' and assigned the popup. I have the .tpl file laid out the way that I want.--There is no problem there. My problem seems to be in the inc.php file when calling the info from the database. I got the images but I can't seem to get the product code and description.

I used those variables ({TXT_PRODCODE} and {TXT_DESCRIPTION}) because in my frustration I tried to make a viewprod replica by dumping the code in the popup. :on2long: If I had been successful I would have modified it until I got what I wanted.

======================

CC 3.03

I figured it out.
and . . . the solution is ????

I don't know how to say it without sounding like I'm scolding - which I am not - but if someone poses a problem and solicit help, common practice here in the support forums is, to share the resolution so we can all benefit from it.

Guest ssppaarree

I don't know how to say it without sounding like I'm scolding - which I am not - but if someone poses a problem and solicit help, common practice here in the support forums is, to share the resolution so we can all benefit from it.

A PHP guide and 3hrs of sleep.

A PHP guide and 3hrs of sleep.

Maybe you need more sleep and get real cozy with that guide because that smartass rersponse is not going to win you a lot of friends the next time you post a message asking for help.

(Make no mistake - *that* was scolding.)

Guest ssppaarree

Maybe you need more sleep and get real cozy with that guide because that smartass rersponse is not going to win you a lot of friends the next time you post a message asking for help.

...and you can kiss it too.

You have so much to say now. Where were you when I asked the question?

Learning to spell, perhaps? :)

Some people would be very grateful to see your result and description how to do.

jerseyjoes words were like:

Why are you asking for something you found a way atferwards without good will to present your clever solution?

Thats the CubeCart comunity usual practice. As jerseyjoes says, "that smartass rersponse is not going to win you a lot of friends the next time you post a message asking for help".

...and you can kiss it too.

You have so much to say now. Where were you when I asked the question?

Learning to spell, perhaps? :angry: