A bit of advice Please...

Guest alarmed

Guest alarmed

Hi all, this been my first time working on a shopping cart and learning while I work I'm trying to decide how to make ordering items easy for people, Im worried that I will have too many catogories/Sub-catogories for people to wade through to get to want they want, in turn putting them off.

Example:

I have three option catogories:

say Vehicle Brackets, Vehicle Leads, Vehicle Extras,

In each of the above catogories there would be the same 60 Sub-catogories. IE Vehicle makes.

then in the vehicle makes would be the models and then the products items available to that car.

I'm thinking this might make my site a bit ugly with all the folders you would be clicking through,

what are my options?

could I use a database with drop down selections in cubecart?

would this affect the SEO mod for each item?

anything I might have overlooked.

Regards Alarmed

Guest casper5566

I'm thinking this might make my site a bit ugly with all the folders you would be clicking through,

There are mods that you can get that help make things easier. Like theres a expanding links mod that will get rid of the folders. Go to cubecart.org. There you will find a list of them

Guest gwizard

Use my DHTML menu mod, it will make your categories dynamic and nice looking.

You can download it from my mod site (can be found in my profile) and it's free.

Sorry, but I cannot put direct link due to rules of no advertisment in this forum.

• 1 month later...
Guest PollyPurebred

Use my DHTML menu mod, it will make your categories dynamic and nice looking.

You can download it from my mod site (can be found in my profile) and it's free.

Sorry, but I cannot put direct link due to rules of no advertisment in this forum.

HI, Gwizard!

I am new to cubecart, so forgive my ignorance but I tried to find your DHTML menu mod and I can't find it. If it is on your site, I can't read it. By the way, the layout looks really nice and very impressive.

Please help me if you can. Thanks!

Polly