whois search

Guest cspgsl

Is it possible to add a whois search / purchase to the beginning of the shopping process and then, if the whois search is successful have the customer be able to continue on in the shopping cart to purchase my domain product(s)? Or, is this the wrong shopping cart app?

Thanks

Is it possible to add a whois search / purchase to the beginning of the shopping process and then, if the whois search is successful have the customer be able to continue on in the shopping cart to purchase my domain product(s)? Or, is this the wrong shopping cart app?

Thanks

Hi, its possible - but not an off-the-shelf mod, and you'd be better off asking in the mod request section of www.cubecart.org

I imagine it will mean an additional text field (not user editable) for the product, and a whois script.

This will mean you'll still have to register the domain manually.

If you're looking at selling domains & hosting, have you checked out ClientExec which plugs into Cpanel/WHM and does all the client management for you? It also plugs into enom, so you get auto domain search/registration.

However, its not a true shopping cart, being specifically designed for hosting.

Jason