Product Options ID number

Guest Vision

When you add new product options it creates new ID numbers, right?

But if you delete the Product Options completely, and make new ones. . . . CubeCart keeps the same ID numbers and it keeps getting higher. . . . which makes it look messy. Any way to reset this?

For instance, if I have two options Photo Type and Photo Color, it will create ID #1 and #2. If I delete those options and make new ones, instead of creating #1 and #2 again, it will create #3 and #4. Now I have numbers reaching into the 1000s

Any ideas?

Guest degsey69

The only way that I can see will help is to down load your sql database tables for products and ID's resquence the ID's and put them back up on the site.

Somewhere in the back of my mind is a voice saying "you'll be sorry" as there is probaly other issues in the tables that were allocated to the ID numbers and then every thing goes screwy.

:blink:;):rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :D

The only way to reset the internal MySQL pointers on an auto_increment field is to empty the table that the field is part of. Merely deleting all the items in that table does not do the same thing. You need to empty or truncate the appropriate table.

If what I said is over your head, then I would recommend just ignoring me. ;)

:blink:

Guest degsey69

:)

The only way to reset the internal MySQL pointers on an auto_increment field is to empty the table that the field is part of. Merely deleting all the items in that table does not do the same thing. You need to empty or truncate the appropriate table.

If what I said is over your head, then I would recommend just ignoring me. :D

;)

Out of interest if you truncate that table, I presume that the auto ID will reasign new numbers to the products, will that effect a normal unmoded cart in any way. Obviously if you modded say featured poducts to show the one's you want it will show different or none according to the ID's assigned.