payment gateways

Guest brosville

Guest brosville

having crossed swords with HSBC over a payment gateway for a website (my comments on this company are unprintable), I approached the "gateway" question on a new website with some trepidation - I was right!

Natwest are yet another bunch of scurrilous crooks who are very reluctant to speak with enquirers about the charges - after ten minutes of wheedling, I managed to extract some "rough ball park figures" out of them......Who the hell are they kidding? - £250 setup, £15 a month for the "privilege" of dealing through them, then either a percentage, or percentage plus fee....................... :blink:

I'm heartily sick of the arrogance and high handedness of the major financial institutions -they have a license to print money from internet payment gateways - the least they could do is to make them easy to sign up for,easy to implement and affordable.................any English company that decides to turn their back on the obvious price fixing cartel would clean up!

As a bit of light relief, I visited the "worldpay" site - another one - the arrogance! - they have to approve US to allow them to handle our money - should be the other way round!

So far, that leaves me with Nochex............not a wide choice, but about the only one not tainted with the Paypal brand, who isn't taking the p*ss! ;)