SubCategory - How do i add image

How do i replace the original Folder logo default on Killer Skin

I want to use my own logo (smaller picture of products) which will be in the sub category.

Tried searching cant find any info

www.shopon.co.uk

killer skin

You can replace the default picture with another picture of your own, by naming your picture "catnophoto.gif" and replacing the one that exist in skins/***/styleImages

If you want a different picture for each category, you add a category image by editing the category, or when you add the category.

You can replace the default picture with another picture of your own, by naming your picture "catnophoto.gif" and replacing the one that exist in skins/***/styleImages

If you want a different picture for each category, you add a category image by editing the category, or when you add the category.

I know about this but can i have individual pics for each sub category. Different one for each

LOL :errm:

Category, subcategory, it's all the same ;)

Add a sub- to the word category above if it helps */*

Sorry guys i feel stupid now lol it was in front of me and i didnt see it

• 9 months later...

It would make more sense to have an individual image for the sub-category BEFORE a user clicks on the category. Once you're in the category, it's kind of useless to have a thumbnail representation of the products when the actual products are already in front of you. I call that a bug in the system.

http://technologybydesign.net/cubecart/index.php

Click on computers|individual computer parts|controller cards

The only place I see the thumbnail of the controller cards representation is in the directory "controller cards", it should be visible in the category "individual computer parts".

:on2long:

I'll probably just have take out the 'catnophoto' alltogether and just have text links.

It would look much cleaner that way.

Anyone know how to do that??

thanks

-Ron

Your store does not exhibit standard cubecart behavior, there is a bug in your cart but no cubecart in general, I think.

My guess is that you have some modded files that cause this behavior.

When an image has been assigned to a category/subcategory, the catNoPhoto image is normally replaced by the image you have set.

As to getting rid of images altogether and using links, this can be easily done by modding the viewCat.tpl file in styleTemplates/content

• 1 year later...
Guest fridaydreamer

As to getting rid of images altogether and using links, this can be easily done by modding the viewCat.tpl file in styleTemplates/content

Can you explain precisely how to do this?

Thanks,

Shaunie