Velocity gateway - Newbie help needed

Guest booboobooboo

Guest booboobooboo

Hi, setup our demo site over the past few days, signed with velocity payment gateway no probs (awaitng merchant account) i was sent live account settings and demo account settings, i have also logged on to get test credit card numbers..BUT!

If i place an order, even with random characters for credit card details or even no credit card details I get the page confirmed.php, blank screen with the text

Error: No payment gateway variable is set!

the order is placed on the system and an email is sent out saying the goods are paid for. I have tried this with both the Velocity pay module set to test and to live and with both demo and account settings. I now assume it to be in the php script. i have gone through the phps in the modules\velocity folder and cant fathom what is going wrong (then again i dont know that much) I assume i am missing a simple paramet somewhere. Please help!!!

Hi, setup our demo site over the past few days, signed with velocity payment gateway no probs (awaitng merchant account) i was sent live account settings and demo account settings, i have also logged on to get test credit card numbers..BUT!

If i place an order, even with random characters for credit card details or even no credit card details I get the page confirmed.php, blank screen with the text

Error: No payment gateway variable is set!

the order is placed on the system and an email is sent out saying the goods are paid for. I have tried this with both the Velocity pay module set to test and to live and with both demo and account settings. I now assume it to be in the php script. i have gone through the phps in the modules\velocity folder and cant fathom what is going wrong (then again i dont know that much) I assume i am missing a simple paramet somewhere. Please help!!!

I have the same problem. What you can do is open the file /includes/orderSuccess.inc.php. In there at the bottom of the script are a few lines like this:

// empty basket

$emptyBasket['basket'] = "''";

$where = "basket LIKE '%".$cart_order_id."%'";

$delete = $db->update($glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_sessions",$emptyBasket ,$where);

Copy all four lines, and then add two forward slashes to the begining of the lines e.g.:

// empty basket

//$emptyBasket['basket'] = "''";

//$where = "basket LIKE '%".$cart_order_id."%'";

//$delete = $db->update($glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_sessions",$emptyBasket ,$where);

Now open /includes/content/confirmed.inc.php and find the following:

// empty basket & other session data

$basket = $cart->unsetVar("conts");

$basket = $cart->unsetVar("delInf");

$basket = $cart->unsetVar("cart_order_id");

$basket = $cart->unsetVar("shipCost");

$basket = $cart->unsetVar("subTotal");

$basket = $cart->unsetVar("tax");

$basket = $cart->unsetVar("grandTotal");

$basket = $cart->unsetVar("customer_comments");

$basket = $cart->unsetVar("counted");

$basket = $cart->unsetVar("shipMethod");

After those lines, add the ones you copied previously:

// empty basket & other session data

$basket = $cart->unsetVar("conts");

$basket = $cart->unsetVar("delInf");

$basket = $cart->unsetVar("cart_order_id");

$basket = $cart->unsetVar("subTotal");

$basket = $cart->unsetVar("tax");

$basket = $cart->unsetVar("grandTotal");

$basket = $cart->unsetVar("customer_comments");

$basket = $cart->unsetVar("counted");

$basket = $cart->unsetVar("shipMethod");

// empty basket

$emptyBasket['basket'] = "''";

$where = "basket LIKE '%".$cart_order_id."%'";

$delete = $db->update($glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_sessions",$emptyBasket ,$where);

Now the basket won't be emptied until after the order has definately been sucessful. This may cause other problems that I am not aware of, but does get rid of the error.

Matt