Missing RTE Editor

Guest valueweb

Guest valueweb

Sorry if this one's been done before, but I can't find a specific answer anywhere.

I've tried three independant installations and as yet I've failed to see a RTE.

If I go to Admin and try to amend some page text, it says "please use the rich text editor below" bu there doesn't seem to be one !

I've tried re-uploading the relevant rte folders and everthing seems to be there.

Any ideas?

DJ

You could also check the security in IE if it allows the scripts to run.

I had the same problem wit IE and then i used FF, give it a try and hope it works :innocent:

Guest valueweb

Have tried IE (6.0), FF (1.5), NS (8.0) Opera(8.5) and even AOL Explorer; so far no luck whatsoever.

Continuing to scour the world for new browsers to try; don't think that's the problem though !

DJ

• 1 month later...
Guest Victor Bond

Sorry if this one's been done before, but I can't find a specific answer anywhere.

I've tried three independant installations and as yet I've failed to see a RTE.

If I go to Admin and try to amend some page text, it says "please use the rich text editor below" bu there doesn't seem to be one !

I've tried re-uploading the relevant rte folders and everthing seems to be there.

Any ideas?

DJ

I'm having exactly the same problem...also with "Product Descriptions". There is simply no editor...no text input field...nothing. I have reinstalled twice, tried IE and FF...still nothing.

Can anyone help on this?

Otherwise, I love the software...this one thing is driving me and my client (also me) CRAZY!!!

HELP!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tom Van Speybroeck

Could it be a Mac thing? I am also missing the RTE Editor, I used IE, Netscape, Safari, and firefox.

I did see it show up at work using a PC with XP and using IE. But I only have a Mac at home.

Let me know, thanks

Tom

Guest Tom Van Speybroeck

Hi all,

It been over 2 days and I still can not get the editor to work. Sorry, but I am not going to use CubeCart for my new store. I did find a cart that I can use the online editor with FireFox, Safari with my Mac. Take care all and good luck.

Tom

Guest digilution

I have managed to install cubecart about 20 times and never had a problem until now.

Uploaded store files as per manual method and created the database but when in the admin page, I only have red X's instead of the gifs on the fckeditor and there is no cubecart logo on any of the admin pages. Also the cubecart logo is missing on the home page

On trying to remove the"Congratulations. You have successfully installed CubeCart.

This message can be edited using the Rich HTML Text Editor and you can add vibrant content to help sell your products.

Please remember that there is a license fee to pay to remove or edit our copyright notices." and then updating the homepage....it does not go away!!!!

I have tried numerous times to re upload etc but no joy. I have tried using both IE and FF, cleared the history/cache and still no joy.

Any pointers would be appreciated and this is the site.

Guest digilution

I have managed to install cubecart about 20 times and never had a problem until now.

Uploaded store files as per manual method and created the database but when in the admin page, I only have red X's instead of the gifs on the fckeditor and there is no cubecart logo on any of the admin pages. Also the cubecart logo is missing on the home page

On trying to remove the"Congratulations. You have successfully installed CubeCart.

This message can be edited using the Rich HTML Text Editor and you can add vibrant content to help sell your products.

Please remember that there is a license fee to pay to remove or edit our copyright notices." and then updating the homepage....it does not go away!!!!

I have tried numerous times to re upload etc but no joy. I have tried using both IE and FF, cleared the history/cache and still no joy.

Anyone gonna give this one a go ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone gonna give this one a go :D

Well I had the exact same problem. Not sure how long it has been going on but I was asked to change a few things and add another site doc when lo and behold the editor was showing a white box. All the normal steps were taken (cleaned temp files, tried different browser, etc) and it still was not coming up.

What I did was delete the admin/includes/ and re-uploaded it and now my editor is back. Not sure why but it appears that there was a corrupt file somewhere. The only other thing done to the site was a site backup to a remote ftp server. It was working before that but can't say how long after that it stopped.

• 4 months later...

I'm having exactly the same problem...also with "Product Descriptions". There is simply no editor...no text input field...nothing. I have reinstalled twice, tried IE and FF...still nothing.

Im getting this now, after installing SEO mod, lots of people saying their RTE isnt working, is there a config file we can make sure is pointing to the right place or something?

cheers

CORRECTION:

turning off seo doesnt fix it - so might not be that. this is really crippling, anyone got any suggestions at all?

RESOLVED:

aspi rewrite httpd.ini file on server screwed it up, deleting it fixed it (it wasnt working properly with seo mod anyway)