UK Website Payment

Guest A.n.d.y

Guest A.n.d.y

Well, im totally new to CubeCart, I've setup a small store with paypal api as the gateway. The only problem is I dont want my customers to have to signup with paypal to pay for my products. I know there's the Website Payments pro thing but becuase I live the UK I can't use that.

Is there another payment gateway that would do a similar thing?

Andy :innocent:

I know that nochex allows people to pay you without signing up, but I think your customers will have to visit Nochex's website as I don't think they can do this from a link or a third party shopping cart.

I am not sure why you don't want them to sign up though! is this not safer for you as this may reduce the risk of charge back?

Well, im totally new to CubeCart, I've setup a small store with paypal api as the gateway. The only problem is I dont want my customers to have to signup with paypal to pay for my products. I know there's the Website Payments pro thing but becuase I live the UK I can't use that.

Is there another payment gateway that would do a similar thing?

Andy :innocent:

Hi Andy,

Your customers will not have to sign-up with PayPal to purchase items on your store.

Customers that have not signed up with PayPal (or have deleted cookies) will see a screen that shows a credit card option and a PayPal account option. This is pretty clear for them to understand.

PayPal also allow some customisation of the payment screens (colour schemes and your logo).

NoChex now have a "merchant" account, which looks pretty good - but they appear to be aiming it at merchants with £2500+ turnover/month. This has lower commision (2.9%+20p), and looks like you can customise the payment page. I don't know if CC will work with this account though.

There are other systems, but most will require an IMA, so unless you are very certain of your trading levels, I'd recommend PayPal.

Jason

Guest hennaboy

Nochex Merchant Account requires that you have a £500 reserve although this can be lowered after a significant amount of trading history.

The real stumbling block with Nochex is that unless you go for the merchant account then you cannot process credit/debit cards that are non UK.

UK options are

Worldpay

Paypal

Nochex

2checkout

There are other options but you will require a UK bank merchant number to get an account which is a lot harder than it should be.

Guest brosville

I'm going through the same "which to use" dilemma - am at the moment waiting for a reply to my query (sent on the 17th) to Nochex -doesn't augur well! IF the merchant account allows what we need , I'd prefer that to Paypal, which is a very "tainted" name. ;)

Guest hennaboy

I would disagree.... paypal the original paypal had a tainted rep. After being taken over by Ebay their service and support has improved considerably.

Recently when i sent in a support ticket to Nochex i received a reply stating that they was having trouble replying to support tickets!!! Which is very funny indeed.

I would disagree.... paypal the original paypal had a tainted rep. After being taken over by Ebay their service and support has improved considerably.

Recently when i sent in a support ticket to Nochex i received a reply stating that they was having trouble replying to support tickets!!! Which is very funny indeed.

http://www.electronic-payments.co.uk/ this ia a pretty good site for info regarding online payments.