How long do items stay in cart?

Guest lcools

Does anyone know how long a customer's items stay in their cart (if they don't empty their cache/cookies)?

I'm hoping that they can keep the items there for an extended period of time, but I know from personal experience at other shops that some carts are empty when I return to shop.

• 3 months later...

Guest lcools

Still interested in this question, if anyone knows. Also, can I change / extend the amount of time the items remain in a customers cart?

,Leila

Does anyone know how long a customer's items stay in their cart (if they don't empty their cache/cookies)?

I'm hoping that they can keep the items there for an extended period of time, but I know from personal experience at other shops that some carts are empty when I return to shop.

Guest valencia

Still interested in this question, if anyone knows. Also, can I change / extend the amount of time the items remain in a customers cart?

,Leila

Your customers can keep items there for a while. I have customers that come back and purchase what was in their basket.

Maybe a moderator could say definitively how long, but I see orders in cart after two weeks.

Run an example for yourself. Set up a test account and checkout. Sometimes I add items to basket to check a total and leave the store. Even without checking out, simply add items to the basket and as long as you do not clear the basket or cookie expires, the items remain.

Guest lcools

Thanks. That's a great idea.

Run an example for yourself. Set up a test account and checkout. Sometimes I add items to basket to check a total and leave the store. Even without checking out, simply add items to the basket and as long as you do not clear the basket or cookie expires, the items remain.

Guest valencia

What happened to your site, the right hand column views at the bottomof the page in ie6. :D

This is indeed so...

Check your column widths. Your right column is indeed at the bottom of your page :errm:

Guest lcools

Thank you degsey69 and valencia,

I'm trying to undo the steps I took when first trying to stretch my pages (not taking 800 x 600 viewers into account). I'm getting there, but I cannot figure out how to reduce the teal / turquoise background. I've looked all over layout.css...not sure where lese to look. I know the color is from pageBg.jpg, but I cannot figure out how the size is set. I reduced #pageSurround in layout.css, but that changed the white background and no effect on the turquoise.

,Leila

What happened to your site, the right hand column views at the bottomof the page in ie6. :D

This is indeed so...

Check your column widths. Your right column is indeed at the bottom of your page :lol: