What EXACTLY does licensing cover?

Guest Brenty

I see from several other posts that licensing CubeCart provides additional support in some circumstances where perhaps CubeCart may have a bug, or hasn't been adequately developed for a particular common application. Is this in fact the case, where a developer would offer more personalised support (For instance to resolve our sub-domain configuration problems). What guarantees are there? Where would this support extend from being inclusive to being charged for? Is this what the support ticket system if for - Licensed users? Would this ensure a response to a problem, whereas onthe support forum, there's quite a lot of problems that remain unanswered?

Having looked through the forums and licensing conditions, there seems to be little information to expand on additional services that may be included. From first glance, it seems that free users get standard forum support, licensed users get personalised developer support. Nothing wrong with that at all, would just like to clarify further.

What else does a license cover apart from Copyright removal?

Guest degsey69

I have a licensed cubecart site and I have only used the support fron Devillon Ltd once, to actually apply the license key for me in the admin panel, as I could not get it done.

I get all my support here from the forums and from the modders in cubecart.org.

I paid my license fee primarily to allow Devillon to survive and develop this product, I also wanted the copyright removed as I wanted to be seen as a professional ecommerce site and to be taken seriously in my market place (believe me because of cubecart I am) :D

Guest Brivtech

I have a licensed cubecart site and I have only used the support fron Devillon Ltd once, to actually apply the license key for me in the admin panel, as I could not get it done.

I get all my support here from the forums and from the modders in cubecart.org.

I paid my license fee primarily to allow Devillon to survive and develop this product, I also wanted the copyright removed as I wanted to be seen as a professional ecommerce site and to be taken seriously in my market place (believe me because of cubecart I am) :D

So what happens if you have a problem that goes unanswered? Do you think the technical support would be more willing to look into the problems in more detail?

Guest Brivtech

I contacted Brooky for some more answers, asking about how to open support tickets for technical support, and if this support would cover problems that are not resolved through the support forums.

This was his reply...

I'm afraid we only support those who hold a cubecart license key. We cannot give away out time for nothing as the company would go bankrupt and bills wont be paid.

So, to answer part of the question, it would appear that licensing does cover some additional technical support, or at least, more personal support.

Looks like it may be time to sign up and resolve the oustanding problems with the subdomain installation.

Guest EverythingWeb

Hello Brivtech,

To further enhance Brooky's point; peer-to-peer support (such as these very forums) can only go so far with supporting a piece of software (or service). There sometimes comes a point where it is just not able to provide the direct, 'personal' support that a problem may require.

It is for this very reason that purchasing a license key will aid you in sorting out the very specific problem, which it appears you may only be facing.

... Apart from that, it's nice to give something back to the Developers... :)

Guest Brivtech

Hello Brivtech,

To further enhance Brooky's point; peer-to-peer support (such as these very forums) can only go so far with supporting a piece of software (or service). There sometimes comes a point where it is just not able to provide the direct, 'personal' support that a problem may require.

It is for this very reason that purchasing a license key will aid you in sorting out the very specific problem, which it appears you may only be facing.

... Apart from that, it's nice to give something back to the Developers... ;)

Yes, that's what I thought, but wanted clarification. There's nothing that explains this anywhere. At the moment, I'm evaluating the software, but I'm about to take a leap of faith and go ahead with the subscription even though the evaluation wasn't 100% sucessful.

Yes (2), the developers certainly deserve something back for their hard work. A lot of effort has gone into CubeCart, and it shows.

:)