shipping changes arent being saved?

Guest undergroundnj

Guest undergroundnj

I'm trying to add the UPS Shipping and at first it said configuration updated then when i tried updating it a bit more it said failed. I went through everything and noticed that I didn't have CP in parantheses (sp?) so I fixed that and then it says configuration updated i went to my store to do a test to see if it shows up. nothing shows up only the free shipping shows. do i need to chmod a directory, folder, or files? if so which ones? also even though im running on the unlicensed version am i allowed to take out the cubecart graphic at the top of the page and put in my own?

- Dave

Guest groovejuice

Have you gone through the entire checkout process in your cart? The shipping total is added at the end, right before actual payment, but many people expect to see it sooner.

Guest undergroundnj

Have you gone through the entire checkout process in your cart? The shipping total is added at the end, right before actual payment, but many people expect to see it sooner.

thats where im having the problem the only thing that shows up is the free shipping nothing else. any ideas?

Guest groovejuice

When you set up UPS shipping, you need to select some of the delivery options from the list below. Also, since UPS charges are obviously calculated by weight, make sure each product has a weight assigned to it. I use the integer/decimal/integer/integer format and it works perfectly.

Guest undergroundnj

When you set up UPS shipping, you need to select some of the delivery options from the list below. Also, since UPS charges are obviously calculated by weight, make sure each product has a weight assigned to it. I use the integer/decimal/integer/integer format and it works perfectly.

i did that as well and no go. even under free shipping it says updated failed. maybe a dev. or mod can help me out here as well. i really just want to get my store up and running.

Guest groovejuice

Without seeing your configuration, it's tough to tell, but the 'failed to update' message from my experience is seen when there is a permissions problem, or you haven't submited the changes properly (clicking the edit config button)

Guest undergroundnj

Without seeing your configuration, it's tough to tell, but the 'failed to update' message from my experience is seen when there is a permissions problem, or you haven't submited the changes properly (clicking the edit config button)

ive deffinately clicked the edit config button so it must be permissions. im trying to figure out which folders/files need to be chmod.

Guest groovejuice

Before you completely pull out your hair ( I've been there, but fortunately it grew back) try clearing cookies and temp then reboot your workstation. I always try this and has worked 20% of the time for many very different issues. You could always try another browser as well. If none of this works for you, I'd be happy to have a look in your cart if you set a temp user and passwd.

Guest undergroundnj

Before you completely pull out your hair ( I've been there, but fortunately it grew back) try clearing cookies and temp then reboot your workstation. I always try this and has worked 20% of the time for many very different issues. You could always try another browser as well. If none of this works for you, I'd be happy to have a look in your cart if you set a temp user and passwd.

ill set up a temp username and password for you in a bit. want to try one more thing...i just changed my chmod to 777 on the modules folder and on the shipping folder as well as the ups and free shipping as well as the files in those two folders. ill let ya know what happens. if that doesnt work ill pm you the username and password for the temporary account. just let me know if you need admin privlidges or not on it.

Guest undergroundnj

will do

sent ya a pm with the info, the chmod didnt do a thing so i undid it.

btw heres the web address forgot to send it to you

theundergroundnj.com/shop/admin

Guest groovejuice

Okay. the good news is you appear to have configured everything properly. The better news is that it is working. The shipping selector in the basket is a drop down box, so you need to click on it and make a selection. :D

Guest undergroundnj

Okay. the good news is you appear to have configured everything properly. The better news is that it is working. The shipping selector in the basket is a drop down box, so you need to click on it and make a selection. :D

hmm odd....alright well thanks anyways youve been really helpful! :D

Guest undergroundnj

hmm this is odd....i just enabled flat rate and thats showing along with the free shipping but ups wont....i think there might be something wrong with the file for ups? or were you able to confirm that the ups was showing up in the drop down box? cause everytime i check it doesnt show.

Guest groovejuice

It was there when I looked -all the ups options were on the list. Are you logging in as a customer to check? That's really important because UPS uses the zip code to price shipping. The only other thing I can think of is that your store is using SSL so that may be causing you a problem. Check the url when you view the cart from admin and when you go thru the storefront. If they are not the same, then you may have found the issue. All I know is when I logged in, added an item to the cart and proceeded thru checkout, all looked good. And, you are very welcome!

Guest undergroundnj

It was there when I looked -all the ups options were on the list. Are you logging in as a customer to check? That's really important because UPS uses the zip code to price shipping. The only other thing I can think of is that your store is using SSL so that may be causing you a problem. Check the url when you view the cart from admin and when you go thru the storefront. If they are not the same, then you may have found the issue. All I know is when I logged in, added an item to the cart and proceeded thru checkout, all looked good. And, you are very welcome!

hmm..alright..well i just tried creating a new account with my zip code and no good :D my web host and i are trying to trouble shoot it right now....this is very odd that its working on your end and his end but not mine.

::edit::

figured out the problem, boy do i feel dumb! i was using the test product. and because it costs 0.00 it couldnt calculate a shipping cost unfortunately. do you think theres anyway to change that so it would give a shipping cost on something that is free?

Guest groovejuice

Didn't occur to me that you didn't have a priced item. I randomly selected one that had a price. There may be a mod for this...although yopu could use the shipping price as the product price and try to give it a weight of zero. I haven't tried this myself, but logic says it should work. Anyhow, glad for you that it's sorted out. Good luck! :D