Done the most stupid thing in upgrade

:D Oh my god i have just done the most stupidest thing ever.

i have worked on my clients cart for about 2 weeks solid now over 300+ products and i just got an update note from 3.08 to 3.09 so i did it. not full reading the part that says only ned to upload certauin files instead i did a complete upload S**t!!!!!!!!!!

complete over wipe and i only saved backups inside their own files.

my only hope is that i do have all my images saved up there but i have to start from scratch :D

any advice apart from obviuos (BACK EVERTHING UP IN SPERATE FOLDERS) please be kind to me :(

any advice apart from obviuos (BACK EVERTHING UP IN SPERATE FOLDERS) please be kind to me :D
Have you asked your hsoting provider for the backup copy they should be makinmg at least every 24 hours? I own a hosting company and while I hear of clients occasional disasters such as yours, we usually get the most recent backup online within an hour.

Ask 'em.

Wishing the best for you !!

Guest alarmed

UKlotto,

have a look for your global.inc.php file (includes/global.inc.php)

it will be blank with no url's/ information

(if you have ever backup your site copy the info from the global.inc.php and place it above)

don't forget to delete the install folder.

No promises but i done exactly the same and this got me out of trouble i did lose all my mods though but not my products.

Alarmed

any advice apart from obviuos (BACK EVERTHING UP IN SPERATE FOLDERS) please be kind to me :D

Have you asked your hsoting provider for the backup copy they should be makinmg at least every 24 hours? I own a hosting company and while I hear of clients occasional disasters such as yours, we usually get the most recent backup online within an hour.

Ask 'em.

Wishing the best for you !!

Have you checked the database in myPHPAdmin?

If you copied everything from the "upload" folder from CC3.0.9, it would have overritten your Config file.

/includes/global.inc.php

This file contains the basic set-up of your store - simply the database name, username and password, and a few other bits n pieces.

If your database is intact- BACK-UP YOUR ACCOUNT IN CPANEL!

Once this is done, you'll need to know the username and password, and name of the database. Edit the global.inc.php file with these values, and you should be ok :-)

The at worst, you have lost your pictures - if you've deleted all the folders in a panic.

Providing this fixes things, you will have lost your homepage text, so you will have to re-type that.

I hope this is ok- post back here if you need any more help.

Jason

Hehe, it looks like Alarmed beat me to it :-)

Jas

:angry: No i must of done a complete over write i just set it going and went away took about 5 mins to upload.

All my images are there which helps and some mod ed files still there but i now cant see the main cats on tabs like before .

i have re done the cats in admin but they are now not showing up in online shop.....very strange i may have to go back to install 3.08

god this is a pain.

;)