Help removing empty space on my site

Guest fletchy

Guest fletchy

Hi everyone, this is my first time using cubecart and so far I think its great. A few quick questions you can find my store on www.fletchycorp.com/store/ I trying to find a way to remove all the empty space above my search bar. Any ideas how? Im using the classic skin which Ive modified.

Also I want to know how to remove all the background (the grey) as I want my store to load within my other site in an iframe so just want to show the store itself in as little space as possible. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks a million.

Fletch

Guest jmartinez

Hi everyone, this is my first time using cubecart and so far I think its great. A few quick questions you can find my store on www.fletchycorp.com/store/ I trying to find a way to remove all the empty space above my search bar. Any ideas how? Im using the classic skin which Ive modified.

Also I want to know how to remove all the background (the grey) as I want my store to load within my other site in an iframe so just want to show the store itself in as little space as possible. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks a million.

Fletch

Need to see what your index.tpl file looks like for the classic skin to see why the extra space is added. As for the background you find this setting in the layout.css located in skins/<yourskin>/styleSheets. The top line

body {

margin: 5px;

background-color: #A5A5A5;

background-attachment: scroll;

background-image: url(../styleImages/backgrounds/pageBg.jpg);

background-repeat: repeat-x;

background-position: top;

}

If you wanted the background to just be all white you would change to

body {

margin: 5px; <!---- IF YOU ARE USING A MARGIN SET HERE OR DELETE THIS LINE IF NOT-->

background-color: #FFFFFF;

}

Guest fletchy

Thanks for your help jmartinez you legend, i've got nearly everything I wanted working. The only final piece of the puzzle is how I resize the page to get rid of all the space on the right and bottom (you can see the new site at www.fletchycorp.com/store/), but when the page is too long, for it to display a scrollbar to move up and down. Any ideas?

Thanks a bunch,

Fletch

Thanks a million.

Fletch

Need to see what your index.tpl file looks like for the classic skin to see why the extra space is added. As for the background you find this setting in the layout.css located in skins/<yourskin>/styleSheets. The top line

body {

margin: 5px;

background-color: #A5A5A5;

background-attachment: scroll;

background-image: url(../styleImages/backgrounds/pageBg.jpg);

background-repeat: repeat-x;

background-position: top;

}

If you wanted the background to just be all white you would change to

body {

margin: 5px; <!---- IF YOU ARE USING A MARGIN SET HERE OR DELETE THIS LINE IF NOT-->

}

Guest jmartinez

Thanks for your help jmartinez you legend, i've got nearly everything I wanted working. The only final piece of the puzzle is how I resize the page to get rid of all the space on the right and bottom (you can see the new site at www.fletchycorp.com/store/), but when the page is too long, for it to display a scrollbar to move up and down. Any ideas?

Thanks a bunch,

Fletch

NP Fletch,

I took a look around your site and found where you were putting the iframe, I see what you mean. A couple of things come to mind.

One: check your layout.css and look for

#pageSurround {

width: 748px;

margin: 0px auto;

padding: 5px;

border: 2px solid #333333;

background-image: url(../styleImages/backgrounds/contentBg.jpg);

background-repeat: no-repeat;

background-position: left top;	

}

Whatever the pageSurround width is set to is how wide your iframe needs to be in order to not have to scroll from left to right. In fact it may have to be just a touch wider. Adjust your pageSurround width to a little smaller than the iframes setting of (width=850 height=250) also adjust the iframe to be the same size or a little smaller than your (tabset_content) css setting. You may have to adjust the cube cart colLeft, colRight, and colMid width settings so that it all fits nicely.

Two:

You will always have to scroll down if the current layout is how you are going to keep it. I am talking about inside the content area of your site. its just to short. Even if you took up the whole page with nothing but cube cart you would have to scroll depending on how much content shows up in the colMid section. eg. On areas where you only have 1 product you would not have to scroll where on areas where you have 1000 products you would.

hope this helps!

Guest fletchy

Thanks Josh,

Yeah that doesnt help I hadn't realised that all the background had in fact gone on the indie vault site so that is a good start. Maybe the solution is to have a different size tab_content window just for the store, I'll try and figure out how to do that.

Thanks for your help!

Fletch

Guest jmartinez

You might consider using the site docs feature of cube cart for all your sites content instead of the tabbed layout you have created for that site. just a thought. take a look at this sites menu to see what I mean.

Guest fletchy

Yeah thats the way I started but decided I wanted to try and move away from it looking like a store, instead a brand that included a store. I'll probably give up and revert back to the cube cart way though when i get tired of mucking about in javascript.

Thanks for your help!

Fletch