Segregating product options

Guest kircaldy

Guest kircaldy

Hi hi!

I'm trying to make a site for a client that's basically a DIY/customize your product deal. All the customizations can be easily handled through the built in product options.

BUT

In a perfect world, I'd like to break the options up along the page instead of them all hanging out together under the "Product Options" heading. So if I had an option for "Style" I'd like that at the top of the page with some more content and images before the next option "Color" followed by more images and copy then "Extras" etc. I'm still sketching the design out, but being able to do this would mean a much better design than having to accomodate all the options in the same area. People need to be able to make their choices immediately after viewing images and text detailing their options rather than entering them all at once at the bottom or whatever.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible and where in the code the "spaces" would be so to speak?

Let me know if this doesn't make sense and I'll make a quick mockup image.

Thank you!

~Jes

Guest kircaldy

You would have to edit

\skins\yourskin\styleTemplates\content\viewProd.tpl

I have not done it myself but it should work for you :)

Thanks! I'll give it a shot and try to get it working. Just trying to figure out which files are involved, I didn't know if there was a seperate fileset that governed product options.

Thanks again. I'll keep you posted!