Search Function more specific

Guest soivirus

Guest soivirus

There is a fix for this for v2, but there is no fix that I have been able to find for v3. Again the problem is the search only takes the first word so you get a huge return to products that are not relevant to your search. For example my company sells fire equipment and when you search for DRIP TORCH. It returns helmets that will not DRIP under heat, along with lights and many of things that include drip in their description. Does anyone have a fix for this?

I was just about to post a topic on the same issue.

For instance on my site if someone searches for 'Mortal Kombat 3' ... They will get a listing of just about every product I sell.. Molex connectors, pins, etc... It would be great if it would just search for the full search string and not as individual words or whatever it is doing.

Guest soivirus

I will surely put in a bug report, but there must be one of your programmers out there can give me maybe a simple code change or even a mod of some sort. I know that this was a popular thread in the v2 forums and I must assume that people would be using a fix for this for v3.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Zraxius

I just wanted to add support for this topic to keep it alive & encourage developers/coders to help us out on this subject. I too, desperately wish someone would code a way to make the search box search for phrases instead of just individual words. I would preferably want this feature for both title AND description. The more Google-esque, the better in my opinion.

If there is anyone else that feels similar, please show your support by adding to this, and/or the Cubecart bugs thread so that we may quickly come up with some kind of resolution.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest blairnichols

I have a mod available for free that will fix your problem.

Visit the downloads section of my site

www.blairnichols.co.uk

Hope it helps ya!

• 3 weeks later...

I have a mod available for free that will fix your problem.

Visit the downloads section of my site

www.blairnichols.co.uk

Hope it helps ya!

Can i say a big thanks for this, a small change, but a BIG improvement.

I couldn't get the second section of the mod to work however, to exclude the product code, but after testing it, the first section works the best for my products on my site.. YMMV

thanks a lot blairnichols!

Andrew Welburn

www.andysarcade.net