Stock level showing question/logic

Guest Hamsterpants

Guest Hamsterpants

Hi All,

I have sort of asked this question already, but when I asked it was more a question of if I was doing the correct thing. I do have a concern though which has not yet been answered. Basically I would like to know why the stock level is still displayed inn the checkout, when you select not to display stock level under general settings. I know that you can select not to use stock level in the product options but then this is not the same thing. Using stock info and displaying it is two different things.

Comments, replies etc welcome.

Dillon

Guest Hamsterpants

it is set to allow out of stock purchases. I think you are missing the point. Of basically the question is:

Why when you set "Show stock level?" to "no" it doesnt show the stock level on the products page "http://www.goopy.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=2" which is correct but it does still show the stock level on the "http://www.goopy.co.uk/cart.php?act=cart" page?

Dill

Guest aikdo

this is a small problem that a few people have brought up in the past, but i have not seen...

Basicaly you can remove that compleatly in the template files... i haven't got much time these days to filter through all the files for you... but if you look through your .tpl files your should find the {variable} that controls this, in the main products area there is an if statment that stops this being viewed if you said you dont want it to be but however this statment is missing in the cart area...

If you submit a small bug report about this brooky may very well have this fixed for you in the next release...

Guest Hamsterpants

this is a small problem that a few people have brought up in the past, but i have not seen...

Basicaly you can remove that compleatly in the template files... i haven't got much time these days to filter through all the files for you... but if you look through your .tpl files your should find the {variable} that controls this, in the main products area there is an if statment that stops this being viewed if you said you dont want it to be but however this statment is missing in the cart area...

If you submit a small bug report about this brooky may very well have this fixed for you in the next release...

Perfect thats all I needed to know, now I am happy that someone agrees this is a bug.

Thanks very much

Dill

• 3 weeks later...

I think i've figured this out - it is rough, but does the trick. Hopefully this will be more elegant in a future bug fix.

Edit skins/<your skin>/styleTemplates/content/cart.tpl

Find:

<td align="center" class="tdcartTitle">{LANG_STOCK}</td>

And comment it out like this:

<!--	<td align="center" class="tdcartTitle">{LANG_STOCK}</td> -->

Then find:

<td align="center" class="{TD_CART_CLASS}">{VAL_INSTOCK}</td>

And comment it out like this:

<!--	<td align="center" class="{TD_CART_CLASS}">{VAL_INSTOCK}</td> -->