Cosmetic question..

Guest Benchmarc

Guest Benchmarc

I am doing a bit of cosmetic work on a site, and just want to know if anyone knows where to look to decrease the margin size shown below in the picture.. (highlighted by red arrow)

This is on homepage, centre column (usually where the welcome message is)

www.benchmarcrecords.com/store

snapshot.jpg

Guest EverythingWeb

This will probably stand a better change of attracting the beady eye of a resident CSS/Design expert in the Skins & Templates forum.

Mod Note: Topic moved from general support.

Guest Benchmarc

I am doing a bit of cosmetic work on a site, and just want to know if anyone knows where to look to decrease the margin size shown below in the picture.. (highlighted by red arrow)

This is on homepage, centre column (usually where the welcome message is)

www.benchmarcrecords.com/store

snapshot.jpg

If im correct i think you will find it in Layout.css/boxcontent/border-top.

Hi there, this didnt seem to work, only shifted the whole box upwards. I'm trying to decrease the distance between the banner and outside edge of the box (as in the picture)..

I did the editing for this on /language/en/home.inc.php - so wondered if there was something on this page i could do?

as ever, any help is much appreciated.

regards

Gary

In the index.tpl, you've edited out the title, but left a line break before the image...

<!-- HOMEPAGE TITLE REMOVED by Jes

<span class="txtContentTitle"></span>

<br />

-->

<br />

Remove the <br /> bit from outside the commented area. I think that should fix it.

That is correct, as the code came from a similar post I answered, that break is the one that should have been overwritten with the block that comments out the title code and break . . .

It is this <br /> that is adding your space :D

That block of code was prepared for a fellow named Jes . . . you should change the name to Gary, to indicate you have edited your file :)

Guest Benchmarc

That is correct, as the code came from a similar post I answered, that break is the one that should have been overwritten with the block that comments out the title code and break . . .

It is this <br /> that is adding your space ;)

That block of code was prepared for a fellow named Jes . . . you should change the name to Gary, to indicate you have edited your file ;)

hey presto.. thanks chaps

Gary