When accessing admin area via parked domain...

Guest willdashwood

Guest willdashwood

I'm having no end of problems getting CubeCart from my own test PC (running Apache2Triad) online to a cPanel LAMP server. I created a new hosting account using the real/live domain and parked a test domain on top since the real domain is still in use, pointing to the old Zen Cart store which is still running. Whenever I try and access the admin area I get redirected to the primary domain.

Why does it do this and how can I stop it? I can't move the live domain on to the test account because Zen Cart and all it's mods don't run on the new hosting account and I need to test CubeCart before I go live.

Many thanks in advance.

Will

I'm having no end of problems getting CubeCart from my own test PC (running Apache2Triad) online to a cPanel LAMP server. I created a new hosting account using the real/live domain and parked a test domain on top since the real domain is still in use, pointing to the old Zen Cart store which is still running. Whenever I try and access the admin area I get redirected to the primary domain.

Why does it do this and how can I stop it? I can't move the live domain on to the test account because Zen Cart and all it's mods don't run on the new hosting account and I need to test CubeCart before I go live.

Many thanks in advance.

Will

Hi Will,

This is probably similar to the problem I see when trying to share a (non wildcard) SSL cert using

https://domain/~accountname

If you can, create a sub-domain, rather than a parked domain.

ie - test.domain.com

Generally, this will have the path:

/home/your_account/public_html/test

(or something like that!)

Cubecart does work fine on a subdomain - I use sub domains fairly reguarly to test things out.

Jason

Guest Brivtech

Cubecart does work fine on a subdomain - I use sub domains fairly reguarly to test things out.

Jason

... Depending on how subdomains are set up on your server. We had no end of problems getting an installation going, only through trial and error of installing and re-installing did we get the correct configuration, and we are still left with a problem that when admin sessions time out, Cubecart adds in an extra folder into the login script path that doesn't work.

I'm not moaning about this, we resolved most of the problems, expect to have the remaining ones cleared up soon, but the point I'm trying to make is that sometimes configurations can be different, and what works for one person may be a disaster for others.