Adding Extra Pages?

Guest Asheh

Guest Asheh

Im wanting extra information for my products, such as specifications but I dont really want them to be on the same page, i would prefer to link to them if possible?

Can anyone help?

Regards

Ashley Cannnign

Guest vrakas

If you are refering to something like PDF files then you have to upload them to your server and then with the RTE create a link to the file.

The editor in your control panel/Home Page or whatever you use to edit scripts, like notepad for instance. If you want to have a link in your index.tpl to a file <a href="http://your domain.com/link"></a> You can add it by using your Real Time Editor. Or if you want to edit your home page directly, you can do it with language/your language/home.inc which stores your home page. Open it with notepad and make your changes and upload it via FTP.

You can create seperate html pages for your new product descriptions, upload them to your root directory and then link to them.

The editor in your control panel/Home Page or whatever you use to edit scripts, like notepad for instance. If you want to have a link in your index.tpl to a file <a href="http://your domain.com/link"></a> You can add it by using your Real Time Editor. Or if you want to edit your home page directly, you can do it with language/your language/home.inc which stores your home page. Open it with notepad and make your changes and upload it via FTP.

You can create seperate html pages for your new product descriptions, upload them to your root directory and then link to them.

ok then - thanks for the explanation!

Guest EaglePilot

ok then - thanks for the explanation!

I wanted to do this too, so I just purchased the mod that hides site docs for $9.99. What it allows is for you to create an unlimited amount of site docs, but you can hide them, meaning they will not appear in your site doc box. They are still accessible via a link, so it creates an unlimited amount of pages for your web to do whatever you want with.

If you go to my site, go to pictures on the left side. The first two cars on top where it says 'click here to see install pics', use the above mentioned mod. I needed a page to display these pictures on, so I created a site doc, copied the link, then hid the site doc, but I still use the link. Works like a charm. This mod can be purchased through here.

Thanks,

Greg