template mod question

Guest mpjx

Hi all,

I'm evaluating CubeCart for use on a client's site - all my design work is xhtml/css so CubeCart really scores here but a few questions on style modifications. These forums seem really active so I'm hoping somone can help me out:

1. In my existing designs I use branching in the head section of my xhtml file to provide seperate css files for IE5 Mac, IE5.x Win, IE6 Win, and everything else. I find it's the quickest, simplest way to achieve consistent cross browser design, especially where positioning is concerned. Can I achieve the same result with CubeCart just by branching the css or would I have to provide different .tpl files for each browser version too (yikes big job)?

2. Is there a general guide that explains either in words or diagrams which .tpl file is governs the design for each element of each page? I can learn by trial and error but it will take time. BTW - I've already found the header mod guide at cubecart.org

3. Any links other guides on modding templates/advice.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Guest estelle

For 2 - You can generally just look at the URL. e.g. index.php?act=viewProd&... corresponds to styleTemplates/content/viewProd.tpl. And the templates for each of the "boxes" on the page are located in styleTemplates/boxes/

For 2 - You can generally just look at the URL. e.g. index.php?act=viewProd&... corresponds to styleTemplates/content/viewProd.tpl. And the templates for each of the "boxes" on the page are located in styleTemplates/boxes/

Thanks Estelle