wheres this coming from?

When a order is sent by email, a  symbol is being added before the £ sign.

e.g Grand Total: £82.31

Has anyone else experienced this or any ideas where i could change it?

Cheers Tim

Guest EverythingWeb

Yes,

go into admin > currencies, and edit the Sterling currency and take it out of the Symbol box.

Happens sometimes when moving databases etc.

it's in your lang.inc file somewhere. Open the file and do a search for it.

Thanks for the replys, but none of those seem to work. Removing the symbol just gets rid of it altogether, and there is no £ symbol of that funny A in the lang.inc file.

It works fine if i use $ rather than £'s aswell.

Any more suggestions ?

Guest walmarc

I believe the symbol before the pound sign appears in your currencies settings in Admin by default (I have no idea why). You need to go to your admin panel and click on edit under currencies>action (for British Pounds) - look down the bottom and you'll see all the options listed in editable boxes- then delete the "A"symbol in front of the pound sign and save.

Hope this helps.

I believe the symbol before the pound sign appears in your currencies settings in Admin by default (I have no idea why). You need to go to your admin panel and click on edit under currencies>action (for British Pounds) - look down the bottom and you'll see all the options listed in editable boxes- then delete the "A"symbol in front of the pound sign and save.

Hope this helps.

Ta thanks for that, but unfortunately its not that, i've tried deleting it etc.

Its fine throughout the site, just not on the emailed pages.... wierd, but thanks for the reply anyway.

Tim

Hope this helps.

Ta thanks for that, but unfortunately its not that, i've tried deleting it etc.

Its fine throughout the site, just not on the emailed pages.... wierd, but thanks for the reply anyway.

Tim

bump

Guest gwizard

Sounds like a different font is used in the email then in the browser.

If I remember correctly, Microsoft has upgraded it's fonts to support Euro symbol not so long ago.

Perhaps you need to do Windows Update ?

• 2 months later...
Guest CougarGB

Hope this helps.

I am having a similar problem but affects my site and I flagged it up here ...

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....showtopic=19708

However if you delete the A before the £, then the £ disappears as well :huh:

Maybe it is a font problem!